Telecommunication Cable Technician (Entry Level)
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are seeking an entry level, organized, reliable, and driven cable technician to work as part of our field service team to install, troubleshoot, and repair various voice and data cables at the Naval Undersea Warfare (NUWC) in Newport RI and remote Detachments.
Telecommunication Cable Technician Duties and Responsibilities:
- Install, maintain, and repair cable systems, most often involved with internet services
- Test and troubleshoot issues with network communication
- Pull, route, or label CAT5 or CAT6 cable and Fiber Optic cable
- Install various support structures, including cable racks, j-hooks, innerduct, and other
Telecommunication Cable Technician Requirements and Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 3-5 years of experience installing, maintaining, and repairing cable for network communications
- Strong knowledge of industry standard cable specifications
- Communication skills with the ability to successfully collaborate with other members of the team
- Solid problem solving capabilities
- Ability to identify different colors and learn color codes
- Ability to work at heights and lift 50+ pounds
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active security clearance preferred
- Ability to obtain a US passport, active passport preferred
- Military or government experience preferred but not necessary
- Travel required
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.