Team Banneker continues to grow and we are seeking go getters to deliver world class service to clients throughout the country. We have an immediate full time open position reporting to the Supply Chain Solutions Manager at our North Smithfield, RI location. As a key contributor to the success of our supply chain solutions business, we are looking for ethical, honest, competitive, and self-driven sales professionals to diligently increase our sales revenue, market share, and delivery customer success.
Can you answer a resounding YES! to each of these questions?
- Do you possesses thorough knowledge of electronic components, with expertise in passives, electromechanical, connectors, capacitor, board level components, wire, and similar parts?
- Are you an experienced inside salesperson with proven sales success who is hungry and motivated to succeed in a Team-based sales environment?
- Can you be held accountable for your actions that will impact the success of the entire work group and company as a whole?
- Are you driven to grow sales in a base salary + commission model that rewards you for top performance?
- Are you willing and able to occasionally travel to customer sites or attend trainings, including some overnight travel?
- Do you have intermediate knowledge of systems such as NAV, ERP, order management, and customer portals?
- Do you have a working knowledge of Excel skills that allow for problem solving, formulas, analysis, formatting and manipulation of data?
The Job Opportunity:
The Inside Sales Representative (ISR)/Account Manager combines inside sales, customer service, and technical knowledge to sell products and kitting solutions to new and existing customers/account base through a variety of inbound and outbound multimedia communications (e.g., telephone, email, fax, portals). The ISR is primarily responsible for managing the inbound sales effort by responding to customer RFQ’s, issuing quotes to customers, processing orders, and responding to customer inquiries regarding their orders. The ISR must effectively develop and manage trusted relationships for assigned customers/accounts, promoting Banneker products and solutions to customers on a regular basis.
When not actively working on live customer quotes or orders, the ISR will drive sales with new clients by participating in lead generation and sales calls. The ISR is constantly working with new and existing customers to deliver focused market/brand solutions to customers resulting in increased market share, sales, and margins to Banneker. The ISR is challenged with consistently delivers revenue or profit that supports and drives the account/customer to meet financial sales metrics.
What Type of Background & Experience Should You Have
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience from which comparable knowledge and job skills can be obtained. Additional position specific degrees, certificates and certifications welcome.
- 3-5 years’ experience inside sales
- Knowledge of Aerospace and Defense industry a plus
- Full knowledge of assigned product/service line with a desire to gain an understanding of Banneker’s entire product/service line.
- Expertise in working on small to mid-size accounts of moderate complexity with some supervision. Performs and perfects sales and service tasks and procedures under self-direction.
- Able to work a flexible work schedule as needed including planned and unplanned overtime.
- U.S. Citizenship is required.
Since 1991, Team Banneker has been a leading provider of end-to-end supply chain management and integrated third-party logistics solutions to a wide range of Fortune 100 companies in multiple industries. We have four core lines of businesses that we use to support our clients – Supply Chain Management Solutions, Integrated Third-Party Logistics Solutions, Consulting, and Business Process Outsourcing/Managed Services. Headquartered in Rhode Island, we have multiple operations in New England, the Southeast, and on the West Coast.
As an African-American owned company and equal opportunity employer, Banneker is committed to equal employment opportunities for all. We do not discriminate or tolerate harassment against our Team Members or job applicants for a person's race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, or sexual orientation), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, veteran, or family/parental status. This intentional policy applies not only to job applicants, but to all our employment practices including compensation, and promotion decisions. All employment decisions at Banneker are based on business needs, job requirements, and individual qualifications, period.
While at work we maintain an open door office atmosphere and business casual dress policy. But don’t let our dress code and relaxed culture fool you as you will be working alongside a team who is very determined, focused and committed to being successful, meeting high customer performance expectations, and winning. To be successful at Banneker you need to bring your A-game each and every day. However, talent isn’t everything and the right attitude speaks volumes. Work-Life balance is also important to us. While “on the clock” we want you to work extremely hard while delivering results and ultimately exceeding expectations, but at the same time never forgetting to take time for yourself and the other important things in your life that are vital to your individual growth and success.
Your well-being and the well-being of your family are also important to us – so important that we invest significantly into your personal health coverage. We’re also committed to your personal development and ensuring that we’re equipping you with the tools that you need to do your job and develop a career. As such, we provide for training in a many areas including six-sigma and ISO quality management systems.
We offer the competitive pay and the benefits commonly associated with large corporation, but with the culture, fun, intimacy, and comradery of a start-up. Our Comprehensive Benefits Plan includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Section 125 Plan, Temporary & Long-Term Disability Insurance, 401k Retirement, Tuition Assistance Program, Employee Assistance Program, and competitive Paid Time-Off (PTO). Our medical plan is more than insurance coverage. We have developed a wellness and care management program designed to raise awareness of lifestyle decisions and health by providing information needed to make well-informed decisions. Our Team Members can create personalized health improvement plans that help activate and encourage a healthy lifestyle. There are also 24-hour help lines giving Team members access to nurses and master’s level counselors.
All qualified and interested applicants can apply by emailing a cover letter and resume addressed to Larry Lamothe, Talent Management, LLamothe@Banneker.com.