Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a junior-level System Engineer position to perform system engineering, integration, system administration and cyber security. This position will be located at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) in Newport, RI.
The responsibilities for this position are to design, develop, install, and integrate training systems that support both the Naval Submarine and Surface Ship fleets. Qualified applicants should have engineering experience related to design, development, and integration. Job responsibilities are:
- Install, configure, test, and maintain operating systems, system services, application software and system management tools for Linux and Windows based systems, both natively and within virtual machines
- Monitor and test application performance to identify issues with installation and performance and to identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes
- Write and maintain custom scripts to streamline system builds, installations and testing of software and configurations to reduce human intervention time on repeatable tasks
- Build and maintain Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) packages for system configuration and deployment
- Work with developers and test engineers to test software applications on target platforms and help resolve problems
- Work with vendors and other IT personnel to resolve problems
- Support physical hardware installation of IT computing equipment and cabling at both local and remote sites
- Minimum of bachelor's degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related degree and 0-2 years' experience in Engineering or Information Technology related field
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Demonstrated skills in Linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL) or Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS) distributions
- Demonstrated skills in installing, configuring, and troubleshooting Linux and to a lesser extent Microsoft Windows based environments
- Scripting skills (e.g., bash shell scripts, Python, Perl)
- Active security clearance at the Secret level or above
- Information Assurance Technical Certifications
- Computer/Electronics hardware knowledge
- Networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP, DHCP)
- Configuration management experience with both centralized and distributed version control systems (e.g., SVN and Git) and the best practices for using them, as well as familiarity with different software CM development workflows, branching and merging strategies
- Experience with virtualization technologies, preferably Red Hat KVM (e.g., Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh)
- Experience with submarine tactical systems at the operation level and/or build/deployment level
- Intel server configurations
- Cisco switch/router configurations
- Linux and Cisco certifications
- Experience with system build automation tools (Linux kickstart, Puppet, Windows Deployment Server (WDS))
- Software deployment technologies, e.g., Red Hat Package Management (RPM) and yum
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.