Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Senior Software Architect/Engineer Lead candidates for the Middletown, RI area.
The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge technology that supports our nation's fundamental defense services. Employees work closely with the government to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to deliver end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to fleets and the organization.
This Senior Software Architect/Engineer shall provide expertise towards a large software re-architecture effort. The Senior Software Architect/Engineer shall support various AN/BYG-1 on board team training software-centric systems. These activities include requirements analysis, open systems analysis and design, participation in open systems architecture and implementation, User Interface and User Experience design, and Model-Based-Systems-Engineering (MBSE).
Software Engineering and Architecture Desired Skill Set
- Work with design and development teams to understand and contribute to overall systems-level architecture
- Perform architecture definition, design and modeling (UML, MBSE)
- Experience with industry and defense standards; MDA, UML, SysML, DoDAF, SOA, and IDEF0
- Understand and contribute to system of systems (SoS) design projects
- Experience with EA Design Patterns, Model Based Systems Engineering
- Lead architecture design and development initiatives
- Conduct trade studies to assess usefulness of candidate ideas
- Understand leading edge industry trends and/or limited use technologies
- Understanding of and experience with virtualization technologies
- Experience with Open Systems Architecture, real-time architectures
- Enthusiasm and drive for innovation and creative solutions
- Conduct evaluations, down-select candidate technologies
- Work with development teams to improve overall processes and push quality upstream
- Work with external vendors as required
- Knowledge/experience in system architecture for large scale Linux/C++ systems
- Knowledge/experience with SWFTS and Submarine software systems
- Knowledge/experience with submarine training systems (classroom and/or on-board)
- Inter-process and network communications/messaging protocols (AMQP, zeroMQ)
- SecDevOps use and methodologies
- mySQL or similar database technology
- Graphical User Interface technologies (X11, Qt)
- Agile / Scrumban development methodologies
- Experience with US Navy submarine combat control systems and end user experience
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Candidates must demonstrate a passion for innovation and a sophisticated understanding of various engineering systems
- 10+ years of applicable industry experience.
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Computer Science or Software Engineering or a related technical field is required.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active clearance preferable.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.