Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled and motivated QA/Test Engineer in Middletown, RI to support the development, configuration, and sustainment of various enterprise business software projects.
This position requires a Quality Assurance (QA)/Test Engineer with some basic QA/Test experience. Tasks include, but are not limited to, software testing and quality assurance for enterprise business applications including analysis of test requirements, development of test procedures, and support of engineering meetings. This may also involve unit testing, software/system integration testing, interface testing, creation and maintenance of software and system documentation.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Information Technology, Software Engineering, or related technology field
- Zero to five years of QA/Test experience
- Work with development and integration teams to promulgate and create test plans/strategies for product
- Develop test procedures
- Define test approaches including the use of automated test tools
- Perform manual testing as needed to augment automated testing
- Analyze test coverage and generate risk reports as necessary
- Investigate test failures and determine root-cause
- Write clear and concise bug reports, verify bug fixes (validation/verification)
- Mentor junior test engineers
- Gather feedback for and implement continuous test improvement
- Maintain and develop testing policies and processes for test automation
- Define test strategies including functional, non-functional, regression, automation, security, and performance testing
- Work with development teams to improve overall processes and push quality upstream
- Determine and report metrics for testing and relay results to stakeholders
- Work with external vendors as required
- Design additional test tools to optimize test coverage
- Attend all meetings as applicable and provide necessary feedback when prompted
- Strong problem solving, application testing, and debugging capabilities
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Ability to work and thrive in both individual and team coding environments
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and active Secret security clearance (or the ability to obtain one) with the U.S. government
- Experience with project management and testing tools such as Jira, Confluence, Bamboo and Zephr
- Understanding of agile and traditional software development life cycle (SDLC) approaches is desired
- Knowledge and experience with CMMI software development practices and procedures at Level 3 or greater is desired
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.