Rite-Solutions, Inc., a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021, is seeking skilled and motivated candidates for the role of a Linux System Integrator to perform system integration, system administration, system engineering and cybersecurity.
The responsibilities for this position are to perform system integration and installations of training systems. Qualified candidates should have engineering experience related to design, development and integration.
Specific job responsibilities are:
- Install, configure, test and maintain operating systems, system services, application software and system management tools for Linux and Windows based systems, both natively and within virtual machines
- Monitor and test application performance to identify issues with installation and performance and to identify possible solutions and work with developers to implement fixes
- Troubleshoot complex computer systems and networking to diagnose and suggest/implement potential solutions
- Develop and support a complex build process organized to ensure correct and repeatable integration and delivery
- Write and maintain custom scripts to streamline system builds, installations and testing to reduce human intervention time on repeatable tasks
- Propose process improvements to reduce installation time and increase reliability while ensuring system security
- Support physical hardware installation of IT computing equipment and cabling at both local and remote sites Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science/Engineering or other related field and 3 years' experience performing system engineering and integration
- Ability to obtain a Secret security clearance (U.S. citizenship required)
- Demonstrated skills in Linux operating systems, preferably Red Hat Enterprise Linux RHEL or Community Enterprise Operating System (CentOS) distribution
- Experience installing, configuring and troubleshooting Linux and to a lesser extent Microsoft Windows based environment
- Scripting skills (e.g., bash shell scripts, Python, Perl or similar)
- Experience with software deployment technologies, e.g., Red Hat Package Manager (RPM) and YUM
- Active security clearance at the Secret level or above
- Current IAT Level I Certifications
- Linux and Cisco Certifications
- Networking knowledge (OSI Network Layers, TCP/IP, DHCP)
- Computer/electronics hardware knowledge
- Intel server configurations
- Cisco switch/router configurations
- KVM architectures
- Experience with system build automation tools (Linux kickstart, Puppet, Windows Deployment Server (WDS))
- Configuration management experience with both centralized and distributed version control systems (e.g., SVN and Git) and the best practices for using them, as well as familiarity with different software CM development workflows, branching and merging strategies
- Experience with virtualization technologies, preferably Red Hat KVM (e.g., Red Hat KVM, VMware, libvirt/virsh)
- Experience with Submarine Tactical Systems, at the operation level and/or build/deployment level
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.