Rite-Solutions, a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled and motivated Mid- to Senior-level Software Developers to support commercial and Government-related applications.
This position requires a Mid- to Senior-level Software Developer/Engineer with 7+ years of development experience to support new and existing C++ development projects. Tasks include, but are not limited to, system architecture, software design, software development, unit test, test plan/procedure development, integration and test, mentoring, configuration management, and other development related activities. This team-based work consists of developing new software and/or upgrading existing software to meet customer and project requirements while using software engineering standards and tools. The candidate should be able to demonstrate good teamwork and willingness to learn and accept new tasks / challenges. This position requires the use of problem-solving skills along with an established working knowledge of C++ and software development within a Linux environment.
This may also involve unit testing, software/system integration and test interface testing, creating & maintaining software documentation, mentoring other developers, and assisting with customer site installation and training.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, create, and/or modify application(s) using Linux (RedHat, CentOS) and C++
- Support development, evaluation, system/software integration, and test including test plan/procedure development
- Understand, create, and modify software and/or test documentation
- Understand and support maintenance of requirements and develop software designs
- Ensure high-quality, well-engineered software products are delivered on-time and within program constraints
- Design and implement within a team environment with minimal direction while providing technical leadership and mentoring to team members
- Communicate regularly with customers and project team lead to ensure effective work partnerships
- Potential for growth in this role and in your career path
- Position is full time and located in Middletown RI with customer support being provided locally
Requirements / Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technology field
- 7 years minimum of professional software development experience
- Use of Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse, open-source libraries, and tools such as JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, Confluence, Bamboo, Maven, gdb, backtrace, etc.
- Demonstrated success in a production-level environment
- Experience with development under UNIX- or Linux-based (RedHat, CentOS) systems
- 3 years minimum of professional application development in Linux / C++
- Solid command of object-oriented C++ software development within a Linux environment
- Demonstrated success on C++ software development projects
- Strong problem solving, application testing, and debugging capabilities, especially within Navy-related environments
- Familiar with modern systems and software engineering processes
- Ability to lead and mentor other software team members
- Effective written and verbal skills with an eagerness to learn new skills quickly
- Experience working within a team as well as collaborating with outside groups in both an office and hands-on lab environment
- Able to work and thrive in both individual and team-based development environments
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
Additional Skills of Interest
- Human-Machine Interface (HMI) and User Interface (UI) Development using Qt or similar tools
- Experience developing complex 2D/3D graphic applications
- Experience with relational databases as database administration, designer, or analyst MySQL, MongoDB, etc.
- Experience working with large networked systems and comfortable with secure/hardened networks. Security+ Certification a plus.
- Solid knowledge/experience with communications protocols such as TCP/IP, CORBA, AMQP, and/or DDS
- Familiarity with network protocol analyzers (wireshark, tcpdump)
- Experience working within Agile development teams
- Experience in Linux frameworks, modern message protocols, networking, network architectures, and virtual computing
- Exposure to information assurance (IA) and cybersecurity technology including SecDevOps
- Knowledge of AN/BYG-1 and/or SWFTS systems is a plus
- Understanding of DoD engineering design practices
- Active US Government security clearance
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.