Help Desk Technician
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Help Desk Technician opening. This position is located in our Middletown, RI office.
About Our Team
Rite-Solutions is proud to boast about an industry leading workforce comprised of Engineers, Project Managers, Administrative Professionals, Human Resources, IT, and IA teams. Our team members are more than just coworkers. They are a family of like-minded individuals rowing together to embody our motto of Friends Enjoying Work (One of F.E.W.), participating in much more than a 40-hour work week enriched with wellness, outreach, and environmentally conscious company and community-based activities.
Who You Are
An energetic IT professional with a passion for learning new things, taking on new challenges and embracing the opportunity to perform hands-on configurations using multiple technologies. As your knowledge and experience grows Rite-Solutions will work with you to foster your career path and growth. You will report to the VP of Corporate Infrastructure and Standards while working closely with a small team of likeminded IT support staff. Your main responsibilities will include manning our help desk and assisting end-users with day-to-day Information Technology requirements. You have a strong ability to organize, install, and support the organization's computer systems, including patching, maintenance, application maintenance, printers, laptops, and other system needs of your fellow employees. Occasionally switching responsibilities and working with other teammates to support end-user needs, including network, desktop, and office applications, as well as virtual machine management will feel more like an opportunity to grow than a roadblock to success.
Support cyber security team for incident response responsibilities
- Support all end-user related issues.
- Manage help desk ticketing system
- Meet SLA level of service for help desk
- Assign tickets to appropriate IT support personnel
- Assist IT System Administrator with software installs
- Setup New hire laptops and greet them on first day
- Administer, install and troubleshoot windows operating systems
- Coordinate with System Admin to update Laptop builds and procedures
- Configure software and resolve technical problems.
- Support end-user technology needs, including email printing and application services
- Documentation of policies and procedures as well as end-user guides and training materials
- Work with facilities to ensure end-users have an acceptable working environment.
- Position is full time and located in Middletown RI (occasional after hours work)
What Qualities and Skills Earned Along the Way Will You Bring with You
This position requires a candidate with 1-2 years' experience in IT. You will support existing and future IT growth. The candidate should have an IT-related degree. Duties consists of working with the IT staff to support end-user needs, desktop and office applications, supporting end-user software and hardware needs, both remotely and hands on.
Requirements / Skills:
- 1-2 years of experience in windows 10 support
- Associates degree or equivalent training in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology skills
- Solid understanding of Network fundamentals
- Experience with Microsoft Office products
- Exceptional written and verbal skills
- Able to take direction as well as the desire to take initiative
- Able to work with hands for minor facility repair/improvement needs
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret security clearance
Additional Skills of Interest: (not required)
- Familiarity with Office 365 and SharePoint
- CompTIA Security+ Certificate
- Experience with Information Technology and Information Security frameworks, including NIST 800-171 and NIST 800-53
- Experience hardening information systems using Security Technical Implementation Guides
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.