Submarine Imaging System Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) Developer
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company. We value the experience of the employee, their wellbeing, and their experience on a personal and professional level as part of the key fabric in building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded: Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" for 2021 and 2023; "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022; and Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Engineering Technician in the Middletown, RI area to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 34 Imaging (IMG) and Electronic Warfare (EW) Team. This position is full time located in Newport, RI.
This position will provide direct support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 34 Imaging In-Service Engineering (ISEA) Integrated Logistics Systems (ILS) Lead with Fleet documentation to create or update technical documentation as an Interactive Electronic Technical Manuals (IETM) Developer- Technical Writer. This position is responsible for the full development and delivery of all user documentation needed for the Navy to operate and maintain Legacy Periscopes, ISIS Systems, Photonics Mast Variants (PMV), to include Mast Technical Insertion (MTI), Low Profile Photonics Mast (LPPM) and Type 20 services and systems. The right candidate will work with our Code 34 customer, user stakeholders, hardware and software engineers, and other technical writers by using advance cutting-edge technology to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine AN/BVS-1(V) Integrated Submarine Imaging System (ISIS) operations and maintenance:
- Writes and edits complex operational, instructional, IETM, maintenance or test procedures electronic or paper based, multimedia or web-based publication
- Conducts interviews with various users and technical staff to gather data for documentation
- Translates Systems, Software and Hardware Engineering materials (documentation, models, drawings, presentations, etc.) into Fleet Documentation products for an end user
- Ensures the accurate preparation of documents for interim and final delivery to customer by participating in peer reviews for presented documentation
- Participates in Validation and Verification (Val/Ver) activities
- Ensure proper tagging methods are used in electronic products to ensure seamless use by end-user
- Ensures documents and materials adhere to established standards and guidelines; recommends revisions to standards and guidelines
- Full understanding of standard principles, theories, concepts, and techniques of editing or publishing applications
- Analyzes Technical Manual Deficiency Reports (TMDR)s or change requests to Fleet Documentation, ensuring a complete and correct response and implementation into future product
- Suggests to management ways to improve the documentation process
- Proactively informs the ILS/technical documentation lead of assignment status, issues, or concerns, including issues of scope, schedule, process, and quality
- Often interacts with:
- Internal customers
- Imaging Department personnel
- Acquisition Engineering Agent (AEA) staff
- ISEA engineers or technician staff
- Works with little instruction on day-to-day work and with specific instructions on new or high-priority assignments
- Provides resolutions to an assortment of problems of moderately complex scope
- Uses judgment within defined practices and procedures
Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor's degree in a related specialized area or field, or equivalent is required plus a minimum of 3 years of relevant experience
- Proficiency with desktop software such as Visio, Adobe FrameMaker, Arbor Text, graphic capture software, and HTML; S1000D experience required
- Considerable knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar
- Engineering background or operational experience of AN/BVS-1(V) ISIS desirable
- Experience with testing and troubleshooting of AN/BVS-1(V) Photonic Systems desirable
- Considerable written communication skills and the ability to tailor communication to target audience
- Considerable ability to research highly technical information and interpret data
- Develops solutions to a variety of problems of moderate scope and complexity
- Exercises judgment within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate action
- Considerable ability to build productive internal/external working relationship
- Frequently interacts with internal company and external contacts
- Motivated self-starter who works well with general supervision
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of the F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.