Senior Scrum Master
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
The Senior Scrum Master will be part of a team of experts charged with providing support in the areas of cyber analysis and cyber development capabilities in response to Navy's and DoD's needs for Cyber Situational Awareness (SA), Cyber Command and Control (C2), Mission Assurance, and Homeland Defense. Program scope includes identifying cyber key terrain by analyzing operational requirements, conducting cyber analyses and assessments, and developing and performing modeling and simulation in support of different cyber threat scenarios. Additionally, program support includes developing methodology and framework in support of cyber risk assessment life cycle. Our team will provide capabilities to support the customer with rapid design, development, test, deployment, maintenance and operation of specific software and hardware capabilities to meet current Cyber Defensive needs. As a Scrum Master on this program, you will be tasked with implementing new features within a critical, line of business application that support mission assurance and operational management functions. This position is available in a hybrid capacity based out of Dahlgren, VA.
This position will ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted. The Scrum Master will support multiple applications with different team members within a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Scrum principles. S/he will lead complex large scale and/or enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams.
This position will perform the following duties, roles, and /or responsibilities:
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium to large scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events
- Organize and facilitate Program Increment (PI) Planning and other SAFe related events, track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management
- In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog
- Ensure the development teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs
- Assist with internal and external communication
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams to deliver assigned goals
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase stabilize velocity
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity and innovation
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication
- Position requires US Citizenship and SSBI Secret Clearance with ability to upgrade to TS.
- Minimum of DISS IT-Level 2.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience as certified Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Release
- Train Engineer (RTE) for medium to large Agile software development efforts
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related business field
- (5) years' experience leading projects under Agile/Scrum
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Strong understanding of DevOps and software/application development processes
- Experience managing complex large-scale enterprise IT projects
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised
- Top Secret DoD security clearance
- Scrum Master Certification
- 10-15 years of scrum master or related experience
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.