Senior Oracle DBA
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for Senior Oracle DBA. This position is located in Dahlgren, VA with on-site requirements twice a month.
What Qualities and Skills Will You Bring?
Successful candidates for the Senior Oracle DBA position will be experienced in Administration, performance tuning, security, data management, configuration management. Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools. Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards. Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling, and knowledge in Powershell and Unix shell scripting skills, and disaster recovery for Oracle databases is required. This position will also require cross training, write up of SOP's, ability to work on a team and strong communication skills.
Role and Responsibilities
- Develop processes for optimizing database security, server security, backups, and merging old databases with new ones.
- Manage database access and accessibility of data, integrity of database, performance monitoring, provide security and keeping unauthorized individuals out.
- Manage and oversee the day-to-day operations of IDE's database systems.
- Perform data migration (import/export)
- Diagnose and troubleshoot database errors
- Research and apply oracle upgrades, patches, and STIGS.
- Perform multiple system level backups, scheduling, juggling, and maintain
- Create automation for repeated database tasks
- Maintain users and interfacing with the help desk
- Bachelor's degree or 10 years' experience in a related field.
- 10+ years' experience in areas of database administration, design, development, extraction, transformation, and loading of data.
- Holds Product Life Cycle Management skills and understanding of tools, as well as ability to maintain current environment using Windchill, Oracle, GEMS, CDRL, etc.
- Expertise in Cloud (AWS Gov Cloud, Microsoft Azure): familiar with securing the environment, integrating current tools, utilizing tools, and integrating new tools.
- Well-versed in Oracle database with AWS RDS
- Strong command of SQL and SQL server tools (MySQL, MS SQL, PostgresSQL Oracle, MongoDB).
- Advanced knowledge of database security, backup and recovery, and performance monitoring standards
- Understanding of relational and dimensional data modeling
- PowerShell and Unix shell scripting skills
- Experience in Oracle Upgrades (11g to 19c, perhaps to 12)
- Experience with Linux, windows Server environments, cloud services
- Must hold current (or acquire within six (6) months) the appropriate operating system certification for information assurance technical positions as required by DoD 8570.01-M
- DoDI 8570.01-M Information Assurance Technology (IAT) Level II certification(s) required to work on government IT systems to include one of the: CCNA Security, GICSP, GSEC, CompTIA Security+ CE, SSCP or higher-level certification
- This position requires U.S. Citizenship and a current Top-Secret Security Clearance.
Additional Skills of Interest (not required)
- RDS (novice knowledge is a plus)
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.