Scrum Master/Agile Coach
The Scrum Master/Agile Coach position will be part of a team of experts charged with providing engineering and systems operations engineering in support of current and future Combat System (CS) Command and Control (C2) functions. Together our team supports V Department with systems engineering, software engineering and fleet support, element evaluation and system test support and development/production environment support.
You will specifically be supporting the Dahlgren Systems Engineering Team for ICS Integrated Combat Systems. You will be charged with training the team of senior systems engineers on agile principles and its value to the team, as well as facilitating the team's paradigm shift from traditional waterfall to the agile framework.
This position requires support on-site at NSWC Dahlgren, and some ad-hoc travel to Washington DC area and College Park, MD. The need to be in certain locations will vary week to week but on average will be 3x per week in Dahlgren, VA, 2x per week Telework, and ad-hoc travel to the WNY and or surrounding areas.
Who are we?
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company. We value the experience of the employee, their wellbeing, and their experience on a personal and professional level as part of the key fabric in building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded: Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" for 2021 and 2023; "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022; and Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
- Ensure that Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood by the team and enacted.
- Organize and facilitate sprint planning and release planning, daily stand-ups, sprint reviews, retrospectives, and other agile related events.
- Organize and facilitate Program Increment (PI) Planning and other SAFe related events, track and communicate team metrics and sprint/release progress to all teams and management.
- In partnership with the product owner, agile coaches, scrum teams on user story sizing and acceptance criteria definition, facilitates the definition of minimal viable product, and leads continuous refinement and prioritization of the product backlog.
- Ensure the engineering teams are embracing and practicing core agile principles.
- Update agile tracking systems to provide transparency on product and sprint backlogs.
- Assist with internal and external communication.
- Assist team with making appropriate commitments through story selection and task definition.
- Determine and remove all obstacles that may interfere with the ability of the teams to deliver assigned goals.
- Facilitate discussion and conflict resolution.
- Act as a servant leader
- Provide direction to project activities to ensure successful implementation and support.
- Promote continuous improvement and help teams to increase stabilize velocity.
- Promote a collaborative team environment that fosters experimentation, creativity, and innovation.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT or related business field
- Position requires US Citizenship and a Secret Security Clearance.
- Five (5) or more years of experience as certified Scrum Masters, Product Owners, and Release
- (5) years' experience leading projects under Agile/Scrum
- Strong understanding of Agile and Scrum methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple projects of medium scale through all sprints/iterations and phases of the project.
- Ability to communicate, influence and partner effectively using strong verbal and written communication.
- Advanced knowledge of systems engineering principles, methods, and techniques
- Strong problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must possess excellent time management skills and the drive to work unsupervised.
- Certified Scrum Master
- Experience working as a Scrum Master on DoD programs.
- Combat Systems experience.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.