Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021!
We are seeking a skilled and motivated Network Engineer to provide support for an existing government program. The Combat System Network Engineer will serve as an engineer and developer in support of ongoing Combat System developments and Network architectures. The Network Engineer will define Network architectures relevant to Combat Systems, develop-obtain software, software protocols, obtain hardware and tools applicable to Network architectures, prepare design and interface documentation necessary for integration into new and existing systems. This is an ongoing long-term process that is updated every two years. Position will be located on Government Site at Naval Undersea Warfare Center in Newport, RI.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- The Engineer reports to the Program Manager and will work directly with Government Principal Investigator
- The Engineer must be able to interpret and plan present and future combat system build requirements approximately every 2 to 4 years
- The Engineer must evaluate existing network designs and determine appropriate security monitoring strategy
- The Engineer must work with software developers, cybersecurity engineers, cybersecurity analysts and database administrators to design and implement network security solutions (e.g., IDS/IPS)
- The Engineer must collect and evaluate appropriate metrics to design/configure/tailor network security monitoring tools (5 yrs. exp)
- The Engineer must configure Cisco and Arista networking devices, incl Cisco Security Appliance (firewall)
- The Engineer must identify solutions to potential network issues
- The Engineer must provide hands-on technical expertise to prepare network equipment, and associated software and tools
- The Engineer must communicate technical procedures and processes to non-technical users
- The Engineer shall oversee the preparation and development all related documentation
- The Engineer must collaborate on problem management and root cause analysis of any problems identified during testing or post-deployment in the Fleet.
- An understanding of the Navy's APB/TI process and SWFTS model is highly desirable
- 3-5 years of Network Security experience
- Qualified candidates should possess a minimum CCNA certification.
- Bachelor's Degree in Information Security, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technology skills is preferred or sufficient directly related experience to perform the requirements of the job
- Strong understanding of networking and network protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, SNMP, VLAN, Switches, Routers, Firewalls, and other internetworking technologies)
- Strong understanding of Cisco and Arista Routing, Switching and firewall appliances
- Ability to perform NetFlow/sFlow/ packet capture (PCAP) analysis using WireShark
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems (Redhat v. 7)
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to take direction as well as the desire to take initiative
- Military or government experience preferred but not necessary
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US Government
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.