Junior Systems Linux Engineer
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Junior Systems Linux Engineer in Bethesda, MD.
This position will operate within a fast-paced and dynamic environment, where you will take ownership of a variety of projects and shepherd them to their successful completion. The position is responsible for the design and development of computer-based training systems running Linux, the design and development of Linux system images, and the integration and system testing of these training systems. Development will include designing, specifying, unit testing, component integration, overall system integration testing, and verification and validation testing. You will work across the DevSecOps lifecycle of the training systems that we provide to Naval sites around the nation and contribute to engineering task from the development of multi-processor Linux system network boot concepts to the validation of trainer functionality prior to turnover to the Navy. Travel up to 10% of your job may be required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or a related discipline
- Proven ability to identify, quantify, and solve complex technical problems
- Demonstrable expertise in the Linux operating system (the majority of our products run on Enterprise Linux, either RHEL or CentOS) or Network engineering (specifically focused on Cisco products)
- Solid technical writing skills
- Fluent using Linux CLI
- Understanding of Linux kernel and operating system initialization
- Able to work and thrive in both individual and team-based development environments
- Ability to multi-task across projects
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
- COTS hardware design and build, knowledge of latest CPU, memory, video trends and products
- Cisco Network design, configuration, and troubleshooting
- Detailed knowledge of BIOS and UEFI
- Reverse engineering skills on Linux systems (OS and software/scripts)
- Detailed Linux operating systems knowledge (build, configure, boot)
- Red Hat Package Manager skills
- Server provisioning via Cobbler, Foreman, Spacewalk, Katello, Stacki, Maas, Razor, etc.
- Virtualization Technologies: KVM, QEMU, VMWare, Docker, puppet, Vagrant
- Cluster System design and management (currently using Cisco UCS)
- Linux Scripting, BASH and Python
- Systems software skills for such things as: power management in large-scale systems and creating system services for systems monitoring and status
- Knowledge of SONAR systems or Navy experience
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.