Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled, motivated, and experienced Java Software Developer in the Middletown, RI area to support Government-related application development.
This position will be in support of a Java-based software development program at Rite-Solutions. Your tasking may include software design, code development, unit testing, test plan/procedure development, test execution and reporting, script writing, build support, documentation creation/maintenance and other development related activities. This team-based work consists of developing new software and/or upgrading existing software to meet customer and project requirements while using software engineering standards and tools. The candidate should be able to demonstrate good teamwork and willingness to learn and accept new tasks / challenges from project leads and mentors. This position requires the use of problem-solving skills along with an established working knowledge of Java and software development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Understand, create, and/or modify application(s) using Java Spring Framework
- Support development, evaluation, system/software integration, and test including test plan/procedure development
- Understand, create, and modify software and/or test documentation as directed
- Ensure high-quality, well-engineered software products are delivered on-time and within program constraints
- Design and implement within a team environment with minimal direction
- Communicate regularly with project team lead to ensure effective work partnerships
- Potential for growth in this role and in your career path
- Position is full time and located in Middletown RI with customer support being provided locally
Requirements / Skills
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technology field
- 4 years minimum of professional software development experience
- Use of Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse, open source libraries, and tools such as JIRA, Git, Bitbucket, Bamboo, Maven, etc.
- Demonstrated success in a production-level environment
- Experience with development under Linux-based systems
- 2 years minimum of professional application development in Java
- Fundamental command of object-oriented Java software development within a Linux environment
- Demonstrated success on Java software development projects
- Strong problem solving, application testing, and debugging capabilities
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to work and thrive in both individual and team-based development environments with the guidance of mentors
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
Additional Skills of Interest (not required)
- User Interface (UI) Development using React or similar tools
- Experience with relational databases
- Experience in Linux frameworks, modern message protocols, networking, network architectures, and virtual computing
- Software development experience within Navy or Government-related programs
- Exposure to information assurance (IA) and cybersecurity technology
- Familiar with modern systems and software engineering processes
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.