Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Support Technician candidates in the Middletown, RI area.
Rite-Solutions is seeking an IT Support/Service Desk Technician for on-site support at the Naval War College Newport RI. The Technician will provide support with regard to Information Technology (IT) and Information Assurance (IA)/Cybersecurity requirements and security of information systems. Additionally, the technician will be responsible for providing day-to-day tier 1 support on the War College.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Setup, configure, maintain and operate service-monitoring databases.
- Provide contact and problem resolution for users with hardware, software and applications problems
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with Windows devices and support of Windows OS
- Provide PC computer compliance and technical support for Windows 10, software and peripherals and support maintenance of internal custom applications
- Track problem resolution and perform trend analysis to identify issues.
- Routine hardware set up, troubleshooting and replacement; software installation and evaluation; and use of various spreadsheet, word processing and database application programs
- Perform virus detection and cleaning
- Routine research and implementation of compliance solutions in strict accordance with established guidelines
- Utilize ticketing system to document and prioritize work
- Contribute to Technical Support documentation of resolutions, processes, and procedures
- Able and willing to learn new, as well as existing technologies
- Extensive knowledge of operating systems, application software, network infrastructure, network protocols, and be familiar with best practices as defined by Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL) standards
- High School Diploma
- Candidate must be certified (CompTIA A+ CE or Higher and Operating Environment Certificate)
- Excellent customer service, interpersonal, communication skills both verbal and written.
- Minimum of two years experience in IT customer support with two-year tech related degree preferred.
- Routinely moves and transports equipment weighing up to 25 lbs. from one location to another. (PCs, Printers, Hardware)
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship
- Ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active security clearance preferred
- Military or government experience preferred but not necessary
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.