SYSTEM SOFTWARE SAFETY ENGINEER-JG
McLaughlin Research Corporation is seeking SOFTWARE SAFETY ENGINEERS to support a Department of Defense contract at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC), Division Newport, Rhode Island. The qualified candidate will support integration of existing equipment or software into different applications or platforms to support the war fighter, and support evaluation of non-developmental weapons systems, equipment, and technologies.
- Assess software autonomy over hazardous conditions to determine Software Criticality Index as part of Functional Hazard Analysis.
- Perform analysis of requirements, architecture, design, human-systems factors, and verification results as part of hazard analysis for software and firmware.
- Conduct code-level hazard analysis, including criticality analysis, identification of race conditions, cyclomatic complexity assessments, and coding standards audits.
- Perform tasks focused on the development of software safety analysis, test, and contribution to potential safety risk.
- Identify, document, and track resolution of software safety requirements and changes.
- Conduct software safety analyses including, but not limited to, Preliminary Hazard Analysis (PHA), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), System Hazard Analysis (SHA), Subsystem Hazard Analysis (SSHA), Software Criticality Analysis, System Requirements Hazard Analysis (SRHA), System-of-Systems Hazard Analysis (SoSHA), etc.
- Oversee contractor software development efforts for system safety, including reviews of software development plans and general code development paradigms.
- Candidate must possess a minimum of a Bachelor's Degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, or equivalent technical degree.
- 0-3+ years of system engineering or related experience
- Familiarity with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint)
- Must demonstrate a pattern of ethical decision making and a commitment to integrity
- Experience with the U. S. Navy system engineering or safety engineering procedures
- Experience with and knowledge of military system safety standards including MIL-STD-882E
- Familiarity with Safety Assessment Reports (SAR), Functional Hazard Analysis (FHA), Fault Tree Analysis (FTA)
- Professional or operational experience in software engineering