SECURITY SPECIALIST II-GM
MRC has an opening for a full time Security Specialist based in NUWC Division Newport, RI.
Candidate must demonstrate knowledge in the following areas:
- Methods of performing such duties as conducting inspections and investigations, collecting and analyzing information, etc., and skill in weighing the impact of variables such as critical personnel qualifications, variations in building construction characteristics, access and entry restrictions, equipment availability, and other issues that influence the course of actions taken in resolving security questions and issues.
- Emergency Management/Continuity of Operations (EM/COOP) Services.
- The elements of a Continuity of Operations Plan (COOP) that documents how the division or department will perform essential operations during an emergency situation or long-term disruption. The qualified candidate must demonstrate knowledge of Emergency Management. EM is the organization and management of the resources and responsibilities for dealing with all humanitarian aspects of emergencies. The aim is to prevent and reduce the harmful effects of all hazards, including disasters. On an ad hoc basis, Emergency Action Plans (EAP ’s) and Guides (EAG ’s) will be developed for NUWCDIVNPT facilities and special events. On an ad hoc basis, the qualified candidate shall provide support utilizing an all-hazards construct to prepare for, respond to, recover from, and mitigate against disasters and coordinate emergency response efforts with NUWC, NAVSTANPT, state and local organizations to save lives and protect property.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Assist on an ad hoc and contingency basis, during emergencies, such as power outages or facility alarms, and provide security custodial services to safeguard classified material contained in designated secured areas.
- Assist on a daily basis, catalog, and secure incoming, new classified, and controlled unclassified material in designated secured areas.
- Assist in working with the NAVSEA Foreign Visit POC, NCIS and internal Command Management to Process Foreign Visit Requests to NUWC Division Newport.
- Assist in providing control and management of the Classified Material Control (Marking, Safeguarding, Control Measures, Inventory, Transmission and Transportation) system to include oversight and assistance to Naval Sea Logistics Center (NSLC).
- Assist in providing guidance and training to Division personnel regarding the handling, storage, and safeguarding of Classified materials.
- Assist the Program Manager in the development and maintenance of program workflow processes.
5 TO 7 YEARS’ EXPERIENCE WORKING WITH SECURITY AND EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT POLICIES, INSTRUCTIONS, REGULATIONS, AND PROCEDURES.
SECURITY SPECIALISTS PROVIDE SECURITY RISK MANAGEMENT GUIDANCE PERTAINING TO THE PROTECTION OF ADVANCED TECHNOLOGY, MAKE ACCESS ELIGIBILITY DETERMINATIONS IN ACCORDANCE WITH NAVY SAP NOMINATION PROCESS, AND REVIEW DOCUMENTATION REQUIRED FOR CLASSIFIED INFORMATION SYSTEMS IN ACCORDANCE WITH THE CURRENT REGULATIONS.
- Must be able to meet customer facility COVID requirements.