ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN II - GM
This position supports NUWC Division Newport Code 102 Infrastructure Division and Code 1021 Facilities Branch with technical services in support of new projects initiated by Center Management and product line code work requests. This includes infrastructure development through implementation of MILCON and MINCON projects, support services for the design and engineering program for new and altered facilities and equipment installations, physical plant configuration management, energy awareness programs and initiatives, space planning and parking allocation, financial support for Code 102’s budget program and support for the Maintenance and Operations, Weight Handing Equipment and Material Handling Equipment programs.
The Engineering Technician II performs standardized or prescribed assignments involving a sequence of related operations, follows standard work methods on recurring assignments but receives explicit instructions on unfamiliar assignments. Technical adequacy of routine work is reviewed on completion; non-routine work may be reviewed in progress. This technician performs at this level, one or a combination of such typical duties as:
- Following specific instructions, assembles or constructs simple or standard equipment or parts, servicing or repairing simple instruments or equipment;
- Conducting a variety of tests using established methods, preparing test specimens, adjusting and operating equipment, recording test data, and pointing out deviations resulting from equipment malfunction or observational errors; layout and scientific diagrams to construct and package simple devices and sub-units of equipment.
- U.S. citizenship and eligibility for a security clearance required; current clearance a plus.
- The individual should be goal-oriented and have a strong work ethic.
- The ability to multi-task and work in a team environment is essential.
- High School vocations or GED certificate
- 1 year experience.
- Must be able to meet customer facility COVID requirements.