Navy Qualified Validator
Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Navy Qualified Validator (Level III) candidates in the Middletown RI area.
The Navy Qualified Validator is responsible for assisting in ensuring that all NUWCDIVNPT enterprise networks and systems are in compliance with applicable Security Controls per the Department of the Navy (DON) Risk Management Framework (RMF). The Validator must have a thorough understanding of RMF and basic familiarity with IT and network technologies. Applicants must meet the requirements of: U.S. Citizenship, have a SECRET security clearance, and be eligible for a Cybersecurity Workforce (CSWF) IAM level II designation.
- Must have a DoD clearance (SECRET or higher).
- Must be a Navy Qualified Validator Level III appointed by SPAWAR. An interim appointment is acceptable; however, the candidate must meet all criteria during the Interim period as specified by SPAWAR to be appointed as an NQV III.
- Must have an 8570.01M IAM/IAT Level II Certificate (Security+ CE at a minimum; CAP or CASP /CISSP preferred).
- General knowledge of National Institute of Standards and Training Special Publications (NIST SPs).
- Must be able to manage multiple projects at a time.
- Minimum 10+ years of professional IA experience.
- Test and Evaluation or Assessment and Authorization experience.
- Experience with ACAS and eMASS.
This person will support the NUWCDIVNPT Assistant Command Information Officer (CIO), work directly with the Information Systems Security Manager (ISSM), serve as a member of the Assess and Authorize (A&A) team, and perform the following:
- Become familiar with the system/site by reviewing the Assessment and Authorization (A&A) Plan; identify any issues with the Security Plan and Procedures; execute the Validation Plan and Procedures; review POA&Ms; develop Risk Assessments.
- Conduct audits of system packages to ensure they adhere to Navy A&A policies.
- Keep abreast of and provide the team updated information on Navy RMF policies and procedures. Review DoD, DON, IA/CS-related documentation (i.e., data calls, STIGs, CTOs, etc.).
- Be comfortable conducting independent security control assessments per NIST SP 800-53, 800-53A, CNSSI 1253, and the Risk Management Framework (RMF) described in NIST SP 800-37.
- Clearly articulate requirements and other information in written documentation such as Security Plan, Contingency Plan, Contingency Plan Test, Business Impact Analysis, etc.
- Provide eMASS administration (i.e., create and edit accounts, support and provide guidance to eMASS users, etc.)
- Demonstrate strong organizational and time-management skills: multitasking, working individually and with a team, having a positive attitude, being self-motivated and reliable, being trustworthy, having strong interpersonal and diplomatic skills, and being able to handle stress in a professional manner.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.