Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Test Engineer candidates in the Fairfax VA area. The position is located on site at the customer location in Fairfax.
The position provides an opportunity to develop and advance the cutting-edge technology that supports our nation's fundamental defense services. Employees work closely with the government to develop solutions that allow them to carry out submarine missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to deliver end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to fleets and the organization.
This Test person shall provide services as directed by our customer in Fairfax Va. The Test person shall support the AN/BYG-1 variants' initial introduction and post-delivery activities. These activities include analysis, development of test procedures, On-Site Testing, special studies and support of engineering meetings. Requirements and test procedures will be managed in the DOORS requirements management tool. Interaction with external subsystems points of contact and knowledge of the SWFTS NBCR process is required.
Test Roles and Responsibilities
- Work with development and integration teams to promulgate and create test plans/strategies for product
- Perform manual testing as needed to augment automated testing
- Analyze test coverage and generate risk reports as necessary
- Investigate test failures and determine root-cause
- Write clear and concise bug reports, verify bug fixes (validation/verification)
- Mentor junior test engineers
- Gather feedback for and implement continuous test improvement
- Maintain and develop testing policies and processes for test automation
- Define test strategies including functional, non-functional, regression, automation, security, and performance testing
- Work with development teams to improve overall processes and push quality upstream
- Determine and report metrics for testing and relay results to stakeholders
- Work with external vendors as required
- Design additional test tools to optimize test coverage
- Attend all meetings as applicable and provide necessary feedback when prompted
- Support all tasking assigned by the Test Lead
Candidates for the Test Engineer opening must have the following experience and capabilities:
- Experience with Microsoft office products
- Good organizational and communication skills
- Experience with us navy submarine combat control system end user operation required.
- Candidates must demonstrate passion for innovation, a sophisticated understanding of various engineering systems.
- The position requires at least 3 years of recent US Navy submarine combat control end user experience (Fire Control Technician).
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active clearance preferable.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.