Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Test Engineer candidates in Middletown, RI.
We are looking to hire a Tester with hands on experience with the Navy's AN/BYG-1 Tactical Control System (TCS) to help build the Submarine Combat System delivered to the United States Navy (USN) and Royal Australian Navy (RAN) Submarine fleet. Our close-knit team is passionate about delivering the best product to the Navy to help protect our country. Our team works closely with the Submarine community to develop solutions that allow the Navy to carry out high-stakes national security missions.
US Navy Submarine Fire Control or SONAR Technician (FT/STS) experience is REQUIRED.
Test Engineer Roles and Responsibilities:
- Conducting subsystem and system of systems testing
- Working in an Agile environment with engineers across the program to verify our deliveries to the Navy
- Analyzing how our software meets system, functional and performance requirements
- Installing test bays and troubleshooting anomalies
- Communicating and proactively resolving issues with engineers from other subsystems to determine where issues lie and how we can address them as a project team
- Investigate test failures and determine root-cause
- Write clear and concise bug reports, verify bug fixes (validation/verification)
- Mentor junior test engineers
- Determine and report metrics for testing and relay results to stakeholders
- Support all tasking assigned by the Test Lead
Candidates for the Test Engineer opening must have the following experience and capabilities:
- Must have strong US Navy Submarine Fire Control Technician experience
- Formal testing experience on a DoD production delivery environment
- Experience working proactively with local and remote test team members
- Solid verbal and written communications skills using Microsoft Office products
- Experience with testing in an Agile development environment
- Ability to travel
- Knowledge of requirements management and system modeling tools
- Working knowledge of test engineering concepts, principles, and theories
- Experience working in the SWFTS submarine community
- Communication among your peers and up the chain
- Recognition of relevant information, and clear communication of issues and alternatives
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government; active clearance preferable.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.