Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, is seeking a Test Engineer in the Virginia or Washington, DC area.
The position provides an opportunity to test cutting-edge technology that supports our nation's fundamental defense services. The employee will work closely with software developers, systems engineers, and government personnel in testing solutions that allow the Navy to carry out the nation's most advanced submarine missions. The selected candidate will work with collaborative teams to test end-to-end solutions in mission systems integration, development, and operations support to fleets and the organization.
This position requires a Systems/Test Engineer with some basic QA/Test experience. Tasks include, but are not limited to, software testing and quality assurance for tactical submarine networking and training software baselines, including analysis of test requirements, development of test procedures, on-site testing, special studies, and support of engineering meetings. This may also involve unit testing, software/system integration testing, interface testing, and creation of software and system documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Interact with other engineering groups to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for products, systems, components, or modifications
- Develop test plans/procedures for software integration test
- Requirements and System/Software design management
- Integration/execution, detailed data analysis, and preparation of software test reports
- Coordinate the execution of Software integration tests to verify system operation
- Investigate test failures and determine root-cause
- Submit problem reports for errors found
- Implement Information Assurance (IA) directives on the systems to include running IA scans
- Coordinate daily integration activities with other local team members
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1-5 years of QA/Test experience; Submarine Combat Control Weapon System experience; or B.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, System Engineering.
- Shall have a minimum of 1 (one) years' experience as a Test Engineer in test engineering of modern hardware/software systems.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with software and system specs and documentation
- Familiarity using Automated Testing tools
- Experience coding in Linux
- Experience with C++ programming language
- Experience troubleshooting software systems
Desired Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Experience with or knowledge of submarine combat systems is desired. Working knowledge of AN/BYG-1 & Weapons Launch Consoles is desired
- Navy experience as a Fire Control Technician or similar is desired
- Experience with Java, C programming languages is desired
- Familiarity with SysML diagrams and MBSE methodology is desired
- Experience with design and developing Automated Tests is desired
- Understanding of agile and traditional software development life cycle (SDLC) approaches is desired
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government, active clearance preferred.
- 20% Travel Required
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.