Systems Engineer (SUBTM)
Rite-Solutions, Inc is seeking a full time Systems Engineer in Bangor, WA. The Systems Engineer will be responsible for updating and maintaining computer systems and networks with software and security patches and evaluating application impact. The target systems include Linux Red Hat/CentOS and Windows systems hosted within Kernel-based Virtual Machine (KVM) environment. The engineer will maintain the network architecture including Cisco Virtual Lans. The engineer will automate the process to patch client machines after evaluating and testing the impact of security patches as well as identify hardware and software faults and develop corrections.
Who are we?
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company. We value the experience of the employee, their wellbeing, and their experience on a personal and professional level as part of the key fabric in building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded: Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" for 2021 and 2023; "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022; and Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering discipline, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Cyber Security. Equivalent experience will be considered ("A" or "C" schools and years of applicable experience).
- 3 years of related experience, most preferably in a comparable role supporting Navy trainers
- Knowledge of Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Authorization to Operate (ATO) criteria.
- Knowledge of Container technology and Kubernetes Orchestrator
- Additional Operating System Certifications (Microsoft, Red Hat, Networking, Hardware)
- Extensive operating system knowledge for configuring and administering systems. Candidate should be able to develop procedures not just follow them.
- Experience managing Virtual Machines.
- Strong networking background, ability to configure and deploy network services.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work effectively in cross functional teams supporting developers, cyber security managers and project leads.
- Travel requirements less than 5%.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Department of Defense SECRET security clearance.
Additional skills of interest (not required)
- Security+ Certification
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.