Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking skilled and motivated Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, and Systems) candidates for immediate openings at Junior and Mid-level. This position may be located on-site at the customer location in Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport, RI, at a Naval Facility, or in one of our offices.
This position will provide direct support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 34 Imaging & Electronic Warfare (I&EW) Team. Tasking will include analysis, design and capability enhancements, testing support, and in-service support for new and fielded Imaging (Periscopes and Photonics Masts), EW (BLQ-10 and Early Warning Receiver), and/or Radar (BPS-15/16/17) Systems. Duties and tasking will include but may not be limited to those listed below.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design system modernization and capabilities expansions to meet emerging Navy needs
- Analysis for and development of Engineering Change Instructions and Engineering Change Proposals
- Assess installation and system requirements to determine equipment layout
- Perform and presentation of gap, fault/failure, and performance analyses
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to existing systems and operational processes.
- Troubleshoot and repair Imaging, EW, and/or Radar Systems and components via remote support from NUWCDIVNPT and/or on-site platform support
- Coordinate with Team Lead and work with the engineering team to support upgrades to existing weapon systems to meet data requirements
- Collect and assess technical data associated with planned, active, and concluded Modernization and TEMPALT installation activities, including Pre-Installation Check-Outs (PICOs) and Post-Installation System Operational Verification Tests (SOVTs)
- Develop, update, and deliver individual and cumulative reports to document the installation activities including status, test results, and issues, including Departure from Specifications (DFS) and Liaison Action Records (LARs)
- Document and present trade studies
- Develop and review drawing packages
- Coordinate and support technical data package development and delivery
- Develop and review test plans and test procedures
- Developing Concept of Operations (CONOPS) documentation and performance specifications
- Perform and/or support integration and environmental testing events
- Perform and/or support factory acceptance testing
- Develop program status reports such as technical assessments, risk assessments, technical recommendations, or technical information
- Assess current system capabilities against current and near-term needs and provide technical recommendations to resolve gaps by evaluating and resolving system failure reports, obsolescence and material support issues, and other inputs from the Fleet
Additional Duties and Responsibilities: Mid-level or higher Engineers may be required to:
- Mentor technical team members and provide direct technical team tasking/scheduling guidance
- Support scheduling, funding, and resource needs in conjunction with Program Manager
- Bachelor's degree in an Engineering Discipline (Electrical, Mechanical, Systems, etc.) preferred, will consider a BS in STEM fields with sufficient direct Engineering Experience.
- In lieu of a degree, candidates with significant, demonstrated experience operating DoD Electronic Warfare, Imaging, and/or Radar systems (especially Navy and Submarine specific equipment) will be strongly considered.
- Basic experience (5+ years' experience for Mid-level candidates) and knowledge associated with engineering functions related to design, troubleshooting, analysis, reporting, and/or testing of complex systems.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, collaboratively as part of a team, and interface regularly with a wide range of client personnel.
- Proficiency with MS office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat and MATLAB.
- Proficient in SolidWorks, AutoCAD, or similar
- Previous experience in operating and maintaining the following systems is highly desired:
- AN/BLQ-10 Electronic Warfare System and Early Warning Receiver
- Operating and maintaining Imaging Systems such as ISIS, Type 8/18 Periscopes, Photonics Masts, etc.
- AN/BPS-15/16/17 Radar Systems
- Detection processing, tracking algorithms, and common ARPA functions
- S-band and X-band Radar systems, specifically on naval surface ships, submarines, or other mobile military platforms
- DoD Navigation Systems such as VMS
- Experience in VISIO or similar engineering-oriented documentation applications is a plus
- Experience with Industry and/or Government standards is a plus.
MUST be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a SECRET security clearance. An active or very recent (inactive < 3 years) security clearance is strongly preferred.
Additional Requirements/Skills for Mid-level or higher Engineers:
- Basic knowledge of team management, team building, and reporting
- Excellent communication and presentation skills with the ability to interface with technical personnel, managers, and customers
- Experience in building customer relationships and communicating with integrated product teams
- Experience with process improvement methods, practices, and procedures (i.e., CMMI) is a plus
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.