SYSTEMS ADMINISTRATOR - WINDOWS
SAIC is seeking a Systems Administrator - Windows Remediation Analyst candidate to work at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center side by side with the government customer Newport, Rhode Island.
The ideal candidate will perform patching and remediation for vulnerabilities on remote and on-site machines. Utilize WSUS to apply Windows updates to remote assets and report to owners of systems with proper escalation steps if necessary. Reports goals and metrics regarding vulnerabilities and remediation to leadership. Duties may also include setting up administrator and service accounts, maintaining system documentation, monitoring and tuning system performance, installing system wide software, validating and implementing critical system patches, allocating mass storage space and allocating virtual machines. Interacts with users and evaluates vendor products.
- Possess a strong work ethic, work well independently, strong communication skills, and conduct themselves well in front of customers.
- Provide vulnerability remediation in a hybrid Windows and Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment, with a focus primarily on Windows.
- Possess a general understanding of networking.
- Conduct Vulnerability Scanning and Remediation for network connected and enclave systems.
- Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate scope and complexity.
- Aid in development of Governance, Risk, and Compliance documentation.
Required Education and Experience:
High School Diploma with eight (8) years of experience.
Must have an Inteirm Secret prior to employment with the ability to obtain a full Secret Clearance; US Citzenship required
- Ability to provide vulnerability remediation in a hybrid Windows and/or Red Hat Enterprise Linux environment, with a focus primarily on Windows
- Ability to perform vulnerability Scanning and Remediation for network connected and enclave systems
- Use troubleshooting techniques to resolve technical problems of a moderate scope and complexity
- Aid in development of Governance, Risk, and Compliance documentation
- 8570 Level II Certified (CompTIA Security+, or equivalent certification).
- If not already possessing, must be able to obtain certifications in Windows 10 within 6 months of start date
- Knowledge of NIST/DoD RMF standards and Scripting/Programming experience a plus
- Bachelors degree desired but not required