Submarine Combat Systems Engineer
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated Engineering (Electrical, Mechanical, and Systems) candidates for immediate openings at the Junior to Senior level. This position may be located on-site at the customer location in Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport, RI, at a Naval Facility, or in one of our offices.
- Provide technical engineering for AN/BYG-1
- Provide for technical expertise for submarines focusing on system integration, testing, laboratory support, installation planning
- Support analysis of new capability candidates, and operational concept development
- Experience with systems that include all variants of submarine combat systems, launcher controls and payloads
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to existing systems and operational processes.
- Coordinate with Team Lead and work with the engineering team to support upgrades to existing weapon systems to meet data requirements
- Collect and assess technical data associated with planned, active, and concluded Modernization and TEMPALT installation activities, including Pre-Installation Check-Outs (PICOs) and Post-Installation System Operational Verification Tests (SOVTs)
- Develop, update, and deliver individual and cumulative reports to document the installation activities including status, test results, and issues, including Departure from Specifications (DFS) and Liaison Action Records (LARs)
- Document and present trade studies
- Develop and review drawing packages
- Coordinate and support technical data package development and delivery
- Develop and review test plans and test procedures
- Developing Concept of Operations (CONOPS) documentation and performance specifications
- Perform and/or support integration and environmental testing events
- Perform and/or support factory acceptance testing
- Develop program status reports such as technical assessments, risk assessments, technical recommendations, or technical information
- Assess current system capabilities against current and near-term needs and provide technical recommendations to resolve gaps by evaluating and resolving system failure reports, obsolescence and material support issues, and other inputs from the Fleet
Additional Duties and Responsibilities: Mid-level or higher Engineers may be required to:
- Mentor technical team members and provide direct technical team tasking/scheduling guidance
- Support scheduling, funding, and resource needs in conjunction with Program Manager
- Minimum of 6 years active-duty submarine combat system experience preferably with AN/BYG-1
- Fire Control Technicians are desired; STS, ESM ET or weapons trained MM's will be welcomed also
- Appropriate level of certification IAW DoDD 8570.1M
- In lieu of active-duty experience, an additional 4 years (total of 10) of full-time engineering experience in the operation, maintenance, installation, test and/or repair of submarine SWFTS equipment will be considered
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government. An active security clearance is strongly preferred
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.