Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees was recently recognized as we were awarded a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021!
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Software Engineer in Middletown, RI to support the development, configuration, and sustainment of various tactical software projects.
The Software Build Engineer will develop and manage software patches and get them integrated into the Code 45 software build process. This individual will manage and maintain the development software configuration management environment and implement and support a continuous integration and continuous deployment model to streamline development, deployment and testing of multiple software baselines. This will include the deployment of operating systems and software builds and supporting the suite of development tools, working with multiple source control applications for software development, system deployment and automation and infrastructure tools.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop software patches
- Manage and Integrate patches into build process
- Develop and maintain automated build, test, deployment, and infrastructure tools
- Troubleshoot issues during testing and production
- Support the migration from legacy Waterfall development practices to a more Agile Continuous Integration and Delivery Model
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and software configuration management
- Provide technical support to software developers to provide solutions for implementation and integration
- Maintain regular communications with customer and functional team leads
- Interest in growing in your role and career path
- Position is full time and located at customer site - NUWC Newport
Requirements / Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or similar field with minimum 2 years' experience; High School Diploma / Equivalent with minimum 7 years recent experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering and development practices supporting primarily C++ application development
- Experience with Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix administration (RHEL6/CentOS6, RHEL7/CentOS7)
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Bash, Python and Ruby
- Experience with configuration management and source control tools, such as Git/Jira
- Minimum 2 years' experience
- Experience building software packages and establishing dependencies
- Position requires US Citizenship
Additional Skills of Interest
- Experience in software development and/or infrastructure development
- Experience supporting development environments in the Defense industry
- Experience performing troubleshooting in mission-critical infrastructures
- Knowledge of Defense industry standards and practices
- Knowledge of industry trends, IT operations and industry best practices to identify best implementation approaches
- Active US Department of Defense security clearance at the Secret level
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.