SENIOR SOFTWARE ENGINEER
SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Software Engineer experienced in FPGA-based design to support the development, integration, and testing of a wide range of underwater systems in Middletown, RI.
- You will work within a multidisciplinary team of SAIC and government electrical engineers and computer engineers to define, design, and verify embedded electronic and processing systems for undersea applications.
- You will define requirements, generate architectural and detailed designs, generate test plans, lead and execute the testing of analog & digital electronic systems including debugging of embedded electronic and software systems.
- You will be exposed to a wide variety of projects and interesting engineering challenges.
- You must be highly motivated and have excellent problem solving and organizational skills, and the ability to work on multiple tasks concurrently with changing deadlines and priorities.
- Bachelors and five (5) years or more experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in embedded design and electronic system testing
- Proficiency with C/C++ & Python
- Experience with different embedded software architectures
- Experience writing device drivers for bare-metal systems and Linux
- Must be able to obtain and hold a clearance up to the level of SECRET
- Experience with different processor boot sequences
- Utilizes Test Driven Design (TDD) and creates self-testing test benches for every level of design
- Experience with clock domain crossing & timing closure techniques
- Experience with both pure FPGAs and MPSoCs
- Proficiency with VHDL or Verilog
- Experience with Xilinx Vivado/SDK or Vitis preferred. Altera Quartus acceptable.
- Comfortable going through schematics to debug hardware issues
- Comfortable with lab devices such as multimeters, logic analyzes, oscilloscopes, etc.