Senior Software Engineer
Rite-Solutions is currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a full-time Senior Software Engineer opportunity on-site at NUWCDIVNPT in Newport, RI. Seven (7) to ten (10) years' experience required to support development, maintenance, and upgrades for US Navy unmanned vehicles. Experience with continuous integration/continuous deployment (CI/CD) process as part of a Software Support Activity (SSA) team.
Who are we?
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company. We value the experience of the employee, their wellbeing, and their experience on a personal and professional level as part of the key fabric in building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded: Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" for 2021 and 2023; "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022 and 2023; and Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
- Management and upgrade of multiple code bases, change control, development and test in support of traditional production software process for a CI/CD pipeline.
- Coordination with software development and software test teams.
- Develop, execute, troubleshoot, and document automation software issues and findings.
- Maintain regular communications with customer and functional team leads.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field with minimum of 7 years' experience; degree requirements may be waived in lieu of specific advanced experience in C++ applications development, production software support, and CI/CD pipeline operations greater than 10 years.
- Experience with software development in C++ under Linux.
- Production environment software development/integration/test experience.
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering practices.
- Experience with configuration management and source control tools, such as Git.
- Experience with Linux scripting with shells and/or scripting languages, Bash, Perl, or Awk.
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- Experience as a test automation engineer.
- Experience with testing frameworks like MATLAB and/or Google Test.
- Experience creating and managing CI/CD pipelines in Git Lab, Jenkins, or Bamboo.
- Knowledge of industry trends, cybersecurity, and industry best practices to recommend implementation approaches.
- Experience with software troubleshooting in mission-critical infrastructures.
- Pub/Sub message broker experience.
- Web socket and/or web development experience.
- Python experience.
- Experience with Linux package development (dpkg/rpm).
- Knowledge of Defense industry standards, policies, and procedures.
- Active US DoD security clearance at the Secret level.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.