SENIOR NETWORK ENGINEER
SAIC is looking for a Network Engineer to provide support to a Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport contract in Middletown, RI.
- Make suggestions with regard to potential network design changes, analyze complex network issues, plan for corrective actions, and modify existing network configurations to determine root cause analysis.
- Analyze and troubleshoot capacity needs for switching, routing transmission and signaling and conduct testing of network systems.
- Maintain technical expertise in all areas of network and computer hardware and software interconnection and interfacing, such as routers, switchers, firewalls, hubs, bridges, gateways, etc.
- Have an experienced understanding and wide application of associated technical principles, theories, and concepts in the field.
- Receive assignments in the form of objectives and establishes goals to meet outlined objectives.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors degree and 5+ years of experience or Master's degree and 3+ years of experience. Additional years of experience in lieu of degree.
Must be able to apply networking concepts to developmental software.
Understanding of OSPF, Multicast, Taclanes, L2/L3 troubleshooting, RF, IP routing, Vlans.
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Cisco CLI
- Routing and Switching
- HyperVisor software
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance to start and maintain an Active Secret clearance for the duration of the contract.