SENIOR MECHANICAL MAINTENANCE & OPERATION TECHNICIAN
SAIC is currently seeking a Senior Mechanical Maintenance & Operation Technician in Middletown, RI.
The candidate will work to support the maintenance and operation of an advanced Naval Test Facility and torpedo hardware. The Propulsion Test Facility (PTF) specializing in the test and characterization of torpedo mechanical systems including propulsion, combustion, and fluid pump and control systems. The primary work focus will involve the maintenance, setup, breakdown, and repair of mechanical test equipment and facility infrastructure including fluid and gas handling, industrial equipment, and complex test and automation systems.
- Responsible for the checkout and visual inspection of pumps, valves, eyewash stations, and lockout/tagout.
- Use of facility cranes.
- Fabrication of test fixtures through the use of light metalworking.
- Performing maintenance tasks and helping to develop maintenance procedures.
- Assembling and installing equipment.
- Creating, building, modifying and repairing prototype test systems and fixtures.
- Facility and system upkeep and organization.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma or equivalent required.
10+ years’ experience in a technical field.
Experience with some of the following:
Familiarity with fluids, pneumatics, pumps, valves, and electrical wiring.
Comfortable working with basic electrical and mechanical tools.
Prior training and experience with OSHA, HAZMAT, PPE, and other industrial matters.
Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion.
Experience working in an indoor and outdoor industrial environment.
Ability to foster an organized work environment with positive peer-to-peer relationships.
Facility management, foreman experience.
Ability to manage a group and / or conflicting tasking.
- Must have the ability to obtain an Interim Secret clearance to start and maintain an Active Secret clearance for the duration of the contract.
- Some technical training such as an associate’s degree or completion of a certificate program in a technical or engineering discipline is desired.