Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees was recently recognized as we were awarded a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021 and a National "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022. Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
NUWC is tasked under the SubLAN and CANES programs provide development, integration, test & evaluation, installation and ISEA support for networks aboard submarines. The programs deliver both classified and unclassified networks running on a virtualized windows domain (Microsoft Server 2016/2019/2022 Windows 10 clients and Windows 11 clients) using CISCO switches and firewalls. These networks provide a range of network services, including; e-mail, web browsing, file storage, information security, DNS, active directory and printing. The program spans the full range of Systems Engineering functions, including requirements, design, development, test, platform integration engineering, configuration management, installation and in-service-engineering support. The program is a production/modernization /sustainment program.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Tailoring/configuring software into a product viable for submarines and developing the associated load plans and procedures
- Developing GFI packages appropriate to support the development of ECR's, SHIPALTs, HW and software alterations to SubLAN/CANES.
- Conducting testing of SubLAN/CANES baseline systems and software, as well as interfacing systems and applications. Clear documentation of all test activities, procedures, observations and interactions involved in the testing is critical.
- Building SubLAN/CANES installation packages (boat specific software configurations) and supporting onboard installations. Teams work closely with Ship's Force personnel to train them on the successful administration of the network. Responsibilities during installations include running hardware and software checks, migrating data from legacy systems onto the new SubLAN/CANES system, managing and coordinating the schedules of connecting subsystems, providing on the job training to LAN administrators and running verification tests on the new system. Candidate must be willing to travel approximately 30% of the time to US Navy submarine bases to perform installations.
- 4 or more years of professional experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience.
- Working knowledge and experience of administering Microsoft domains, networks including local and wide area networking.
- Ability to demonstrate good troubleshooting, oral and written communications skills along with the ability to follow detailed procedures.
- Willing to work in a fast-paced production environment and travel to submarine ports/shipyards for up to two weeks in length.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following is desired: Active Directory, Microsoft Exchange, SharePoint, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMWare ESX, Crystal Servers, Alcatel/Cisco switches, OpenShift containers, Aruba Wireless, and Cyber Security. Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance; active clearance is preferable.
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- Familiarity with information assurance, software testing, subsystem integration and installation, COMPOSE 3.0/4.0/4.0.1ORT/CANES SW3/CANES SW4/CANES SW5.
- Understanding of submarine networks and onboard software installations
- Familiarity with NUWC Division Newport and working in a lab environment.
- Bachelor's degree and 4 or more years of professional experience or equivalent combination of education and/or experience or 2 years of professional experience with a related Masters degree.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.