NAVY COMMUNICATIONS SPECIALIST
SAIC (Science Applications International Corporation) has an immediate opening in the Rhode Island area for a motivated Navy Communications Specialist with experience supporting USN communications systems.
Specific responsibilities include:
Plan, coordinate and conduct Software Regression Testing for US and IP (International Partners) software for the Navy Multi-Media Terminal (NMT.
Candidate will provide Technical Support for operation, maintenance and development of communications plans for multiple generations of the Navy EHF SATCOM terminal in support of all System level test and evaluation events.
Candidate will provide Technical Support for review, investigation and resolution of trouble tickets and Software Trouble Reports submitted against the operation and functionality of the Navy Multimedia Terminal. (NMT) and the MILSTAR and Advanced EHF Satellite constellation.
Candidate will Develop and submit Satellite Access Request’s (SAR’s) for Satellite Resources required to support SESIF tasking, including; NMT, HDR Mast and Periscope antenna PITCO (Pre-Installation Test and Checkout), Hardware and Software development, Investigation/Resolution of Fleet reported Issues, and scheduled Test requirements within the MILSTAR community (Army, Air Force, Marine Corp and International Partners Variant (IPV).
- Provide daily on Site Technical Support for operation of the Submarine EHF SATCOM Integration Facility (SESIF), NUWC Newport RI. To include; Test and validation of spare parts, Assembly of SUB HDR Masts, Periscope Antenna Pedestal Groups and EHF Terminals.
- Provide Technical Support for the NMT/SUBHDR Hotline. The Hotline provides On Demand Technical Support for Operational Units in the operation and Maintenance of the family of Navy EHF Satellite Terminals.
- Provide Technical Support and inputs for the publication of Submarine EHF SATCOM Integration Facility (SESIF) weekly and monthly reports. The reports detail day-to-day activities to allow overall assessment of Resource utilization including Personnel, Equipment’s and Funding.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelors and 9+ years or more experience; Masters and 7+ years or more experience. 4 additional years in lieu of degree will be considered.
- Active Secret clearance to start and maintain per contract requirements
- Experience with the following communication systems/processes:
- Navy Multi-Media Terminal (NMT)
- EHF SATCOM terminal
- MILSTAR and Advanced EHF Satellite constellation
- Submarine EHF SATCOM Integration Facility (SESIF)
- Satellite Access Request’s (SAR’s)
- MS Office proficiency including PowerPoint, Excel, and Project
- Ability to acquire / maintain government clearance
- Proactive and effective communicator
- Experience working with/interpreting government technical documentation