Navigation Systems Engineer
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Sr. Electronics/Navigation Systems Engineer position located on-site at the customer location in Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI, at a Naval Facility, or in one of our offices.
Tasking will include all phases of troubleshooting, systems integration and testing to include research, assessment, design, implementation, integration, and fleet support. The candidate should be able to demonstrate good teamwork and willingness to learn and accept new tasks / challenges. This position requires the use of problem-solving skills along with a strong understanding of navigation and submarine combat system technology to deliver business value to our customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, test and evaluation of USN submarine navigation systems, particularly the Voyage Management System (VMS) and Navy Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS-N)
- Develop ECDIS CONOPS and performance specifications
- Develop and improve ECDIS-centric and interface test plans
- Provide for technical expertise for submarines focusing on system integration, laboratory support, installation planning
- Provide technical support and SME for Developmental Testing (DT), at-sea Operational Testing (OT), and Follow-on Testing and Evaluation (FOT&E).
- Provide Fleet support, including on-site technical support aboard platforms and working with crews to gather feedback
- Ability to design and implement within a team environment with minimal direction
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of navigation and radar engineers and subject matter experts
- Communicate regularly with Fleet user, customers and project team lead to ensure effective work partnerships
Requirements / Skills:
- BS degree or Certificate in Management, engineering, or related logistics field.
- In lieu of a degree candidate with significant, 10+ years demonstrated experience operating Electronics and Navigation systems (especially Navy and Submarine specific equipment) will be strongly considered.
- Experience with DoD Navigation Systems like VMS and ECDIS-N
- A working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government. An active security clearance is strongly preferred.
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.