Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level 3 software and systems engineering company, is seeking a skilled and motivated Navigation Systems Engineer in the Middletown, RI area to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 34 Electronic Warfare (EW) Team.
This position will provide direct radar system/software engineering support to the NUWC Code 34 EW Team. Tasking will include all phases of radar system development that include research, assessment, design, implementation, integration, and validation/verification. The candidate should be able to demonstrate good teamwork and willingness to learn and accept new tasks / challenges. This position requires the use of problem-solving skills along with a strong understanding of navigation and radar system technology to deliver business value to our customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, test and evaluation of naval surveillance radars and navigation systems
- Develop Navigation radar CONOPS and performance specifications
- Develop test plans for Navigation Radars
- Support testing onboard a submarine and working with crew to gather feedback
- Ability to design and implement within a team environment with minimal direction
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of radar engineers and subject matter experts
- Communicate regularly with customers and project team lead to ensure effective work partnerships
Requirements / Skills:
- BS degree or Certificate in Management, engineering, or related logistics field.
- In lieu of a degree candidate with significant, demonstrated experience operating DoD Electronic Warfare systems (especially Navy and Submarine specific equipment) will be strongly considered.
- Experience in detection processing, tracking algorithms, and common ARPA functions
- Experience operating, and maintaining S-band and X-band radar systems, specifically on naval surface ships, submarines, or other mobile military platforms
- Experience with DoD Navigation Systems like VMS
- A working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Knowledge and experience with practices and procedures for CMMI Software Development Level 3 or greater is a plus.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government. An active security clearance is strongly preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.