Naval Navigation Systems Engineer/Technician
Rite-Solutions is currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Naval Navigation Systems Engineer/Technician position located on-site at the customer location in Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI.
Who are we?
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company. We value the experience of the employee, their wellbeing, and their experience on a personal and professional level as part of the key fabric in building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded: Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" for 2021 and 2023; "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022 and 2023; and Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
Tasking will include all phases of troubleshooting, systems integration and testing to include research, assessment, design, implementation, integration, and fleet support. The candidate should be able to demonstrate good teamwork and willingness to learn and accept new tasks / challenges. This position requires the use of problem-solving skills along with a strong understanding of navigation and submarine combat system technology to deliver business value to our customer.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct research, test and evaluation of USN submarine navigation systems, particularly the Voyage Management System (VMS) and Navy Electronic Chart Display and Information System (ECDIS-N)
- Develop ECDIS CONOPS and performance specifications
- Develop and improve ECDIS-centric and interface test plans
- Provide for technical expertise for submarines focusing on system integration, laboratory support, installation planning
- Provide technical support and SME for Software Functionality, Developmental Testing (DT), at-sea Operational Testing (OT), and Follow-on Testing and Evaluation (FOT&E).
- Provide Fleet support, including on-site technical support aboard platforms and working with crews to gather feedback
- Ability to design and implement within a team environment with minimal direction
- Collaborate with a multidisciplinary team of navigation, combat systems, EW, weapons, radar engineers/technicians and subject matter experts
- Communicate regularly with Fleet user, customers and project team lead to ensure effective work partnerships
Requirements / Skills:
- Candidate with significant, 4+ years demonstrated experience operating Electronics and Navigation systems (especially Navy and Submarine specific equipment) will be strongly considered.
- Experience with DoD Navigation Systems like VMS and ECDIS-N
- A working knowledge of MS Office software.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a security clearance with the US government. An active security clearance is strongly preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.