Model-Based Systems Engineer (Mid-Level)
Rite-Solutions, Inc is currently seeking skilled and motivated candidates for a Mid-Level Model-Based Systems Engineer located on-site (hybrid) at the Naval Surface Warfare Center Dahlgren Division (NSWCDD) in Dahlgren, VA. This is a hybrid position reporting on site 3 times per week.
Who are we?
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees was recently recognized as we were awarded a Providence Business News Best Places to Work Winner for 2021 and 2022, in addition to receiving the Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!!
The Model-Based Systems Engineer (MBSE) will be part of a team of experts charged with providing systems operation expertise to the NSWCDD Integrated Combat Systems Department (V), which plans and executes systems engineering activities in support of current and future Combat System Command and Control (C2) functions. More specifically, this position will be supporting the V13 Branch for Combat System Intelligent Automation, whose mission is to pursue autonomous warfare and apply Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML) across the warfighting spectrum.
The candidate will report to Rite-Solutions' Director of Digital Engineering and will apply their MBSE experience to create System of Systems (SoS) models of Large Unmanned Surface Vessels (LUSVs). The candidate will work directly with the government's LUSV MBSE lead to develop SoS models, models of Top-Level Requirements (TLRs), models of combat architectures and architecture concepts, and report generation templates using Velocity Templating Language (VTL). SoS modeling will require creating Unified Architecture Framework (UAF), DoD Architecture Framework (DoDAF), and Systems Modeling Language (SysML) diagrams. Prior experience creating UAF and DoDAF viewpoints are desired, but experience creating SysML diagrams is required for this position. This position is a key step towards implementing MBSE across NSWCDD's V Dept and is critical to the nation's security.
The candidate shall have a detailed understanding of SysML and have experience building SysML in Cameo Systems Modeler (or MagicDraw). Experience modeling and implementing MBSE on new or legacy systems is a must. The candidate shall also have exceptional soft-skills and be able to clearly articulate what the benefits of MBSE are to non-technical decision makers. The candidate should have experience creating custom report generation templates and macros in Cameo Systems Modeler.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Top-Level Requirements models
- Design and develop warfare system architecture models
- Model external and internal interfaces
- Elicit MBSE needs from government stakeholders
- Train government stakeholders on the benefits of MBSE, how to do MBSE, and how to read various SysML and UAF diagrams
- Model system missions, use cases, behaviors, and structure
- Create report generation templates using VTL
- Create process diagrams and lead seamless transitions to MBSE
- Present MBSE results to various customers, MBSE communities, and Rite-Solutions leadership
- 5+ years of applicable Systems Engineering experience. 2 years experience may be supplemented with a Masters of Science in Systems Engineering, or a related technical field.
- 3+ years of applicable MBSE experience
- A Bachelor of Science degree in Systems Engineering, or a related technical field
- Proficiency with Cameo Systems Modeler or MagicDraw
- Detailed understanding of SysML
- Proficient understanding of MBSE Methodologies (e.g., OOSEM, MagicGrid, SYSMOD)
- Experience implementing MBSE on new or legacy systems.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills and the ability to clearly articulate the benefits of MBSE to various stakeholders (e.g., manager, executive, engineer)
- Ability to articulate the process of creating models for legacy and new systems
- Position requires U.S. Citizenship and the ability to obtain a DoD Secret security clearance; active clearance is preferable
Additional Skills of Interest (not required):
- Experience building DoDAF and UAF diagrams
- Experience with report generation in Cameo Systems Modeler
- INCOSE ASEP or CSEP certification
- OCSMP Model User, or better, certification
- Experience modeling Naval combat systems or unmanned systems
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.