SAIC is seeking a Marine/Ocean Engineer to provide support as a member of an integrated analysis team for the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI.
The candidate will be working with a multi-disciplinary team focused on the modeling, simulation, and analysis of underwater intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems. Candidate will assist the team and/or individual members in identifying system requirements and parameters relating to underwater acoustic effects and will be expected to work with technicians in conceptual design of test devices and fixtures. Candidate will support efforts to assess current and future underwater capabilities, identify improved applications and techniques, and recommend solutions. Candidate should be a proactive self-starter with strong analytical and problem solving ability.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in marine science or related discipline.
- 3+ years of experience in a related technical field.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Secret Security Clearance and willingness to obtain higher level clearance.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) projects.
- Familiarization with Acoustic Systems and/or knowledge of underwater projectors and hydrophones.
- Familiarity with modeling and analysis technique.
- Capability of reviewing test data for technical accuracy.
- Ability to determine appropriate acoustic testing parameters for various units under test.
- Signal processing knowledge.