Junior Software Engineer
Rite-Solutions, Inc., is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, that values the personal and professional experience of the employee as part of the key fabric of building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded the Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" Winner in 2021 and the "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022! Recipient of Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
We are currently seeking a skilled and motivated Software Engineer in Middletown, RI to support the design, development, and deployment of a new software application for the SSN(X) program. Rite-Solutions will be developing a modeling tool to identify, analyze, and assess submarine electromagnetic capabilities in various configurations, in multiple mission environments to evaluate performance. We are seeking a talented software engineer who can design, develop, and document this tool from planning through deployment.
The Software Engineer will work with system Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to develop Graphical User Interfaces (GUIs) and databases required for the development of the software application. The Software Engineer will participate in design discussion and be responsible for implementing the application architecture using various data sources. This individual will manage and maintain the development software configuration management environment and implement and support a continuous integration and continuous deployment (CI/CD) model to streamline development, deployment, and testing of the software baseline. The individual will contribute to Review Board meetings and the development of the Software User Manual and associated software documentation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Code development using Java, Python, C++
- Develop system architecture diagrams and drawings
- Develop and maintain automated build, test, deployment, and infrastructure tools
- Troubleshoot issues during testing and production
- Manage code deployments, fixes, updates, and software configuration management
- Maintain regular communications with customer and functional team leads
- Interest in growing in your role and career path
- Position is full time and located on-site at NUWCDIVNPT in Newport, RI.
Requirements / Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar field
- Minimum 3 years' experience
- Demonstrated understanding of software engineering and development practices
- Experience with configuration management and source control tools, such as Git/Git Runner/Jira
- Knowledge of Linux-based infrastructures and Linux/Unix administration (RHEL6/CentOS6, RHEL7/CentOS7)
- Knowledge of scripting languages, such as Bash, Python and Ruby
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain and maintain a security clearance with the US Government.
Additional Skills of Interest:
- Experience supporting Navy projects compliant with Department of Navy Application and Database Management Systems (DADMS)
- Experience performing troubleshooting in mission-critical infrastructures
- Knowledge of Defense industry standards and practices
- Knowledge of industry trends, IT operations and industry best practices to identify best implementation approaches
- Eligibility for Top Secret Security Clearance
We are looking for talented individuals to join our team of Friends Enjoying Work! Apply if you are interested in becoming one of F.E.W!
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.