Rite-Solutions, Inc., a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company, is seeking a Junior Software Engineer to join a team responsible for developing critical tactical software for the submarine fleet. This team is responsible for software development and resolution of production and system integration issues, both in a laboratory environment and on board U.S. Navy submarines. Candidates should have a demonstrated interest in developing readable, maintainable software. Successful candidates will possess a trained eye for detail, will be reliable, and be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop new software components in C/C++ or Java to meet program needs
- Support development, evaluation, system/software integration, and test
- Understand/support requirements maintenance and develop software designs
- Work with teammates and receive mentoring in your role
- Regular communication with customers and functional team leads
- Position is full time and located in Manassas, VA
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- 1 - 5+ years of Software Development experience
- BS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technology field
- Object-oriented software development, in C++ and/or Java, or similar
- Web application frameworks including AngularJS, Node.js, jQuery
- Use of Integrated Development Environments such as Eclipse, and development tools such as Git, Subversion
- Experience with development under UNIX- or Linux-based systems
- Strong problem-solving, application testing, and debugging skills
- Effective written and verbal skills
- Able to work and thrive in both individual and team-based development environments
- Position requires US Citizenship and the ability to obtain a Secret-level security clearance with the US Government
- 1-5 years of experience performing Java or ideally C/C++ SW development in a Linux environment
- S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering is required.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.