INTERN TECHNICAL I SOFTWARE DEVELOPER
- This position shall perform software development tasks to maintain TOMIS software applications in the areas of systems analysis on hardware and software technology issues and generate technical reports with findings and recommendations.
- The positions will maintain existing TOMIS applications in accordance with Applicable Documents, TOMIS Specifications and Standards identified in the Statement of Work.
- The positions shall deliver software into government furnished software tool Microsoft SourceSafe for source code control at the end of each working day.
- Shall provide inputs on all software development tasks assigned via software application Hardware Software Request (HSR) system directly upon completion of software task. All software development is to be performed using current tools and technologies such as C+, .NET, and Cloud Technologies.
- Provides technical support in support of customer contracts, on assignments using established procedures.
- Candidates are primarily engaged in the technical or scientific disciplines through the course of college study. (It should be understood that this is not intended to be a detailed nor comprehensive description of any individual employee's job content. Managers set the specific duties and responsibilities for each employee).
Freedom to Act: Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
Knowledge/Skill & Ability: Little to no knowledge of the job. Moderate understanding of general job aspects and some understanding of the detailed aspects of the job. Applies job skills and company policies to complete a wide range of tasks. Supervision Received: Close supervision involving detailed instructions and constant checking on work performance.
Impact: Errors can be easily and quickly detected within the immediate work unit and would only result in minor disruption or expense to correct.
Liaison: Contacts are primarily within immediate work unit. Contacts involve obtaining or providing information requiring little explanation or interpretation.
Education & Experience: College coursework in a technical field.
Skills & Proficiencies:
- Programming: Python, Java, C, R, SQL
- Microsoft Office Suite: Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook
- Candidate should be a self-motivated, independent, detail oriented, responsible team-player
- Ability to multi-task and support multiple priorities
- Excellent teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Candidates should have strong written and oral communications abilities
- U.S. citizenship required
- Must obtain an Interim Secret security clearance prior to starting to work on the contract
- Ability to obtain a Secret Security clearance