INFORMATION SYSTEMS SECURITY OFFICER
SAIC is seeking talented and detailed-oriented Information Systems Security Officer to work at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center alongside the government customer in Newport, RI.
- Leverage technical and information assurance (IA) expertise to monitor our customer’s computing systems, networks, and environments to detect, correct, and mitigate security policy non-compliance, vulnerabilities, and risks that potentially jeopardize national security.
- Work with multi-disciplined engineering teams and organizations to develop and implement security strategies to mitigate security risks for mission-critical information systems, networks, and computing environments. Your talents, perspectives, and efforts will contribute directly to the safeguarding of valuable weapon systems and data, ensuring positive mission outcomes.
- Role may include travel.
- Bachelor's and two (2) years of experience; experience accepted in lieu of degree.
- Active DoD Secret clearance or higher.
- Experience in IT security or related field.
- Strong understanding of DoD security policies and guidelines, including Risk Management Framework (RMF) and Defense Information Assurance Certification and Accreditation Program (DIACAP).
- Experience with managing and implementing security controls and requirements for DoD information systems.
- Experience with conducting security assessments.
- Familiarity with security technologies such as firewalls, intrusion detection and prevention systems, and vulnerability assessment tools.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Ability to travel as required.
- Top Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Experience in developing information security policies, procedures, and guidelines.
- DoD 8570 IAT Level III or IAM Level II+ is preferred. (CISSP, CISM, CCNP Security, CISA, CASP+)
- A degree (BS) or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, or a related field is a plus.