ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN III
SAIC is currently seeking a mid-level Mechanical Technician to support SAIC’s Systems Integration and Test Facility in Middletown, RI. SAIC’s SITFAC supports the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Division Newport.
The candidate must be hard-working, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers. The candidate will receive training on the facility and operations but needs a mechanical aptitude, strong willingness to learn, and the ability to
troubleshoot and solve problems. The primary work focus will involve assisting with assembly, fabrication, setup, breakdown, inspection and repair of test equipment.
- Provide general hands-on technical support such as test, checkout, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electromechanical systems.
- Utilize inspection equipment such as micrometer, height gage, calipers, gage pins, to perform quality inspection on machined parts.
- Build, assemble, modify and/or repair electro-mechanical, and industrial equipment with minimal direction or intervention.
- Operate forklift, band saw and milling machine.
- Works from drawings, schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Must be willing and eager to learn from peers and senior technicians in order to learn the new roles and responsibilities.
Education & Experience:
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevant certification.
- Quality inspection experience on machined items
- Background in reading schematics/drawings and troubleshooting from schematics/drawings.
- Manufacturing experience preferred.