ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN III
SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician III to support the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI.
The candidate will be working with a multi-disciplinary team focused on the analysis of underwater intelligence, surveillance and reconnaissance systems. Responsibilities include providing logistics and technical support during engineering investigations and providing support for engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype systems, experimental design circuitry, or specialized test equipment. Tasking will be derived from schematics, diagrams as well as written and verbal descriptions. Candidate will be expected to assist in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Responsibilities will include performing repairs, fabrication, modification and installation of electrical wiring harnesses, cables, wires, wiring assemblies and associated parts. The candidate should be experienced in performing connector pin crimping, soldering, cabling and chassis wiring. The candidate must be self-motivated, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers.
Education & Experience:
- HS diploma and 8+ years of relevant experience or AA degree in relevant field and 6+ years of experience required.
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/system schematics.
- Installation and testing/troubleshooting of AC and DC electrical circuits, sensors, or measurement systems.
- Computer skills including basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word in order to document work and read wire lists.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Secret Security Clearance and willingness to obtain higher level clearance.
- Experience with Department of Defense (DoD) projects.
- Familiarity with testing tools.
- Familiarity with modeling and analysis techniques.
- An understanding of switches, relays, sensors (such as thermocouples, flowmeters, pressure transducers), power supplies, and industrial equipment.
- Familiarity with electrical test and calibration and measurement equipment to inject and measure voltage, amperage, impedance, and verify continuity.
- Ability to perform soldering and crimping.
- Ability to accomplish complex wiring tasks.
- Experience with various hand tools and test equipment to include: multi-meters, vector network analyzers and basic hand tools.
- Ability to communicate with the project engineer/designer on any issues pertaining to the task.
- Ability to obtain and maintain all relevant trainings and certifications.
- Knowledge of Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) considerations with respect to electrical design.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Must be capable of functioning in multi-disciplined design teams across multiple systems.
- Able to plan and prioritize work effort and quickly respond to issues and questions.