ENGINEERING TECHNICIAN III
SAIC is seeking an Engineering Technician III in Middletown, RI.
- Supports engineering activities such as design, test, checkout, modification, fabrication and assembly of prototype electro mechanical systems. Applications may include electronic circuits, photonics and logic systems.
- Works from schematics, diagrams, written and verbal descriptions, layouts or defined plans to perform testing, checkout and trouble-shooting functions.
- Assists in determining methods or actions to remedy malfunctions. Collects, maintains, organizes, compiles, and manipulates technical data.
- Prepares engineering documentation, reports, drawings (sketches/flow charts/diagrams/schematics, etc.).
- Supervision Received: Limited supervision. No instructions needed on routine work and general instructions given on new lines of work or special assignments.
Education & Experience:
- AA Degree in related discipline and three (3) years related experience; Or, High School and five (5) years related experience with relevent certification.
Production cable building experience.
Experience wiring electronics.
Background in reading schematics/drawings and troubleshooting from schematics/drawings.