Electronic Warfare Engineering Technician
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is seeking skilled and motivated Electronic Warfare Engineering Technician(s). This position may be located on-site at the customer location in Naval Undersea Warfare Center Newport, RI, at a Naval Facility, or in one of our offices.
This position will provide direct support to the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) Code 34 Imaging & Electronic Warfare (I&EW) Team. Tasking will include providing engineering and technical support for the Submarine Imaging, Electronic Warfare, and Radar Systems In-Service Engineering Agent (ISEA) Activities for new and fielded Imaging (Periscopes and Photonics Masts), EW (BLQ-10 and Early Warning Receiver), and Radar (BPS-15/16/17) Systems.
Who are we?
Rite-Solutions, Inc. is a growing and innovative CMMI Level III software and systems engineering company. We value the experience of the employee, their wellbeing, and their experience on a personal and professional level as part of the key fabric in building and maintaining an innovative and culture rich experience for the employee and their family. This commitment to our company and our employees has been recognized as we were awarded: Providence Business News "Best Places to Work" for 2021 and 2023; "Great Place to Work" Certification in 2022 and 2023; and Hire VETs Medallion Award in 2021 and 2022!
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Analyze designs of electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical components and systems to be used in Imaging, Electronic Warfare, and/or Radar systems.
- Integrate, test, and troubleshoot electrical, electronic, and/or mechanical hardware for Submarine Imaging, Electronic Warfare, and/or Radar Systems.
- Coordinate with Team Lead and work with the engineering team to review, design, analyze, and recommend changes required to ensure component or system performance requirements are met.
- Develop, implement, and test changes to systems and associated instrumentation.
- Provide technical expertise for submarine systems focusing on system integration, testing, laboratory support, and installation planning.
- Support analysis of new capabilities and operational concept development.
- Generate design and interface documentation.
- Document and present trade studies, analyses, test results, and status to the team.
- Provide recommendations for process improvements to existing systems and operational processes.
- Minimum of 6 years of Active Duty, operational submarine experience (ETR/ETV preferred; FT, STS, ETN will also be considered) operating and maintaining Imaging, Electronic Warfare, and/or Radar systems such as:
- AN/BLQ-10 Electronic Warfare System and Early Warning Receiver
- ISIS, Type 8/18 Periscopes, Photonics Masts, etc.
- AN/BPS-15/16/17 Radar Systems
- S-band and X-band Radar systems, specifically on naval surface ships, submarines, or other mobile military platforms
- DoD Navigation Systems such as VMS
- Detection processing, tracking algorithms, and common ARPA functions
- In lieu of Navy experience, candidates with significant, demonstrated experience (10+ years) operating, maintaining, and/or repairing DoD Electronic Warfare, Imaging, and/or Radar systems (especially Navy and Submarine specific equipment) will be strongly considered.
- Candidate must be familiar with general-purpose and RF laboratory test equipment, including oscilloscopes, spectrum analyzers, Volt/Ohm meters, power supplies, and signal generators and demonstrate sufficient knowledge in one or more of the following areas:
- Electro-mechanics, i.e. motors, gyros and synchro's using control systems.
- Electro-optical systems, i.e. cameras, lasers, and related equipment.
- RF systems involving antennas, amplifiers, diplexers, filters, and signal distribution between coax.
- Technical Writing skills are required as well as proficiency with MS office applications, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, as well as Adobe Acrobat.
- Candidates must be able to work independently, collaboratively as part of a team, and interface regularly with a wide range of client personnel.
- Strong initiative, willing to ask questions & do research.
- An Associate Degree or above in a STEM Field is a plus.
- Familiarity with Fiber Optics is a plus.
- Experience with Industry and/or Government standards is a plus.
- Familiarity with VISIO, SolidWorks, AutoCAD, MATLAB, or similar design and engineering-oriented applications is a plus.
MUST be a U.S. Citizen and be able to obtain and hold a SECRET security clearance. An active or very recent (inactive < 2 years) security clearance is strongly preferred.
As an EOE/AA employer, Rite-Solutions will not discriminate in its employment practices due to an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, and veteran or disability status.
For more information, or to apply now, you must go to the website below. Please DO NOT email your resume to us as we only accept applications through our website.