ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE AND CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
SAIC is currently seeking a mid to senior level Electrical Maintenance and Calibration Technician in Middletown, RI who is looking for a growth opportunity as an electrical technician at an industrial/engineering/testing site.
The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of electrical & mechanical engineers and technicians to support the electrical maintenance, calibration, configuration, and testing of an advanced Naval Test Facility. The Propulsion Test Facility (PTF) specializes in the test and characterization of torpedo mechanical systems including propulsion, combustion, and fluid pump and control systems. The candidate will become an expert in all of the electrical measurement and control systems within the facility including National Instruments based data acquisition and control systems, thermal, pressure, and flow sensors, motorized valve and control systems, and PID control systems.
The candidate must be self-motivated, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers. The ideal candidate will bring analytical thinking, strong troubleshooting abilities, and the propensity to learn and become a subject matter expert on the PTF electrical systems.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent and 8 years of experience.
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/system schematics.
- Installation and testing/troubleshooting of AC and DC electrical circuits, sensors, or measurement systems.
- Computer skills including basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word in order to document work and read wire lists.
- Must be able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
- An understanding of switches, relays, sensors (such as thermocouples, flowmeters, pressure transducers), power supplies, and industrial equipment.
- Familiarity with electrical test and calibration and measurement equipment to inject and measure voltage, amperage, impedance, and verify continuity.