ELECTRICAL MAINTENANCE AND CALIBRATION TECHNICIAN
SAIC is currently seeking a mid to senior level Electrical Maintenance and Calibration Technician in Middletown, RI who is looking for a growth opportunity as an electrical technician at an industrial/engineering/testing site.
The candidate will work within a multidisciplinary team of electrical & mechanical engineers and technicians to support the electrical maintenance, calibration, configuration, and testing of an advanced Naval Test Facility. The Propulsion Test Facility (PTF) specializes in the test and characterization of torpedo mechanical systems including propulsion, combustion, and fluid pump and control systems. The candidate will become an expert in all of the electrical measurement and control systems within the facility including National Instruments based data acquisition and control systems, thermal, pressure, and flow sensors, motorized valve and control systems, and PID control systems.
The candidate must be self-motivated, accountable, and present themselves professionally in front of customers and peers. The ideal candidate will bring analytical thinking, strong troubleshooting abilities, and the propensity to learn and become a subject matter expert on the PTF electrical systems.
Education & Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- Ability to read and understand basic electrical/system schematics and assembly drawings including switches, relays, sensors (such as thermocouples, flowmeters, pressure transducers), power supplies, and industrial equipment.
- Experience troubleshooting AC and DC voltages, relays, and sensors.
- Installation and testing of electrical circuits, sensors, and measurement systems.
- Familiarity with electrical test and calibration and measurement equipment to inject and measure voltage, amperage, impedance, and verify continuity.
- Proficient soldering skills (through-hole, solder-cup connectors)
- Proficient workmanship habits (Neatly routing, terminating and dressing wire harness, cables, and facility wiring).
- Computer skills including basic proficiency with Microsoft Excel and Word in order to document work and read wire lists.
- Must be able to work in a team environment while completing tasks in an unsupervised and self-directed fashion
- Must effectively communicate with team and customers, both verbally and through E-Mail.
- Must be able to obtain clearance up to the level of SECRET.
- Performing sensor calibrations using function generators, dead weight testers and other calibration sources.
- Ability to understand a basic circuit with relays, diodes, and resistors, and tracing signal paths through schematics.
- Experience with data acquisition systems, ideally PXI and cRio.
- Experience with 4-20ma output sensors.
- Experience with maintenance and troubleshooting of industrial or electrical equipment
- Ability to assist in updating electrical schematics and assembly drawings when required to document as-built configurations or propose changes.
- IPC/WHMA-A-620 Acceptance for Cables and Wire Harness Assemblies
- J-STD-001 Solder Certification