SAIC is seeking a motivated Electrical Engineer to fill a technically challenging role as a team member supporting the Naval Undersea Warfare Center, Newport, RI.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- This is an opportunity to join a multi-disciplinary team to perform investigations and analyses of undersea vehicles and devices. The successful candidate will work with technicians in design and fabrication of electrical, and/or electronic test devices, as well as test fixtures to be used for undersea investigations.
- The candidate should have a background in systems engineering and be capable of performing reverse engineering as an analysis technique.
- The candidate should have the ability to quickly learn new concepts, tools and methodologies.
- Job responsibilities will include analog/digital circuit and instrumentation design in support of evaluation related investigations and test evolutions.?
- Job includes design and testing of electronic systems for underwater applications, custom data acquisition systems, and automated test hardware for testing of naval systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
- 2+ years experience in an engineering field.
- PCB design experience with design tool such as Cadence OrCAD PCB Designer, Altium, or Eagle.
- Familiarity with embedded systems (microcontrollers, microprocessors, FPGAs, etc).
- Experience with modeling and analysis techniques.
- Ability to obtain US DoD Secret Security Clearance and willingness to obtain higher level clearance.
- Experience with instrumentation design and data collection.
- Experience with debugging circuits.
- FPGA experience.
- Experience developing and executing test plans for electronic subsystems.